Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 3g quickpwn mac help!!!

• 11-02-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,
    trying to jailbreak using quickpwn tool. got iphone connected via a usb hub use quickpwn. all goes right. get final success message. phone turns off and then nothing. left it twenty mins. turn it back on myself. phone is same as when i started?
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Just try it again.
    There is a lot of useful things about this on
    www.modmyi.com
    you might have to put the phone in restore mode to get it back

What firmware are you on by the way?
    2G or 3G?
    You might have to go back to 2.2 firmware and jailbreak/unlock again.

All the different firmwares are here:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

To manually pick the firmware you want hold down the shift ket and click restore in itunes. This will bring up a browse window where you can direct it where your firmware is saved.

Hope that helps

Me again sorry i see in title its 3G so use the link below to jailbreak/unlock:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1558

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1

iclarified it the way to go...

It took me a few goes but if you follow the instructions by the book it will work....you have to do it exactly as the instruction say, if your 1 second out it won't work...

+1

iclarified it the way to go...

It took me a few goes but if you follow the instructions by the book it will work....you have to do it exactly as the instruction say, if your 1 second out it won't work...

Just as drunkmonkey says take the time to read it all dont just jump in thats how most mistakes are made......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

tinner777, I tried to use quicpwn on the Macbook and failed also, could not see why, used a borrowed PC and followed the instructions, worked first time

Advertisement