Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom: cancelling out of a contract

Options
  • 11-02-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I took advantage of the Eircom offer of free first time phone connection for a brand new apartment i'm renting in Dublin, with the landord's consent. There were initial problems with getting the broadband set up (a few calls to Eircom trying to order a package and being told my phone line wasn't up to their broadband despite having been put in by one of their technicians only a fe weeks earlier). Eventually, i got a package ordered which included a phone and broadband bundle.

However, since early January, there has been numerous anti-social incident in my vicinity which has made up my mind to move to another location.

How do i go about getting out of this contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you move your account to your new place you will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SenorCarlsberg

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If you move your account to your new place you will be OK.

And what happens if there is already an Eircom package in the place i move to? I've been told by a guy at work that if i want to move the package and they can't facilitate i can get out of the contract.

I can get out after 6 months it seems.

"
    6. What happens if I cease before the end of the contract period?

If you cease your bundle service during the minimum contract period, eircom reserves the right to charge the monthly rental for the balance of the unexpired contract period.** In the event that the customer fails to return the modem within 14 days, eircom reserves the right to charge the customer the sum of €99.40 (inc. VAT) for the wireless modem.
    **Please note: if you cease your broadband within the six months, you will be charged the remaining rental for the six month contract period."

Advertisement