Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Problem?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I use O2 infrequently and recently since I used it after an absence of about 1 month it has started to annoy me big time.

When I am connected to the internet either via wifi or Ethernet in the middle of browsing O2 will suddenly ask to connect similar to a dial-up modem and it completely blocks my internet access until I hit cancel and close out the window. I am sure it is just some setting but it is very annoying.

any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

mumhaabu wrote: »
    I use O2 infrequently and recently since I used it after an absence of about 1 month it has started to annoy me big time.

When I am connected to the internet either via wifi or Ethernet in the middle of browsing O2 will suddenly ask to connect similar to a dial-up modem and it completely blocks my internet access until I hit cancel and close out the window. I am sure it is just some setting but it is very annoying.

any ideas??
    click on properties then set-up then pick "never dial a connection" about halfway down the window that opens and this screen wont appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

foggy_lad wrote: »
    click on properties then set-up then pick "never dial a connection" about halfway down the window that opens and this screen wont appear.

Thanks for that foggy lad, however within properties there is no "never dial a connection" It was the first thing I tried remembering back to the days of Dialup.

There has to be a way to fix it as it is totally headwrecking and has got worse to the point where it pops up nearly every 30 seconds!

Advertisement