Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One reason why we shouldn't set mouse traps.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Awww, that is so cute.

I used to volunteer at the rescue centre, they get some amazing creatures in there, do great work with badgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My mother hadn't the heart to set snap traps so she had a couple of live trap. She would let them off down the garden as soon as they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

That is so cute, I wouldnt kill them either, it seems cruel. Its not their fault if they are searching for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Where we were they used to manage to escape from those.

Those dreadful glue traps are the worst things. They are in at least one shop here .

But mice can cause so much damage if loose in the kitchen. Sometimes a standard trap is the only way.

My mother hadn't the heart to set snap traps so she had a couple of live trap. She would let them off down the garden as soon as they were caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Don't think there's much chance of catching a Dormouse in any trap in this country Run to da hills! :rolleyes:

I think taking any hibernating animal out of it's nest for a photoshoot is despicable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I used to take an extra curricular drama class in primary school, and every couple of weeks I'd make some excuse to get the master key from my teacher, then I'd go around "mouse trap sabbing", snapping all the traps with a ruler :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

believe it or not our cat plays with and Tortures the mice she catches so for some time now I put ol socks on my hands and rescue the little critters and let them off.

She brings them to the house paying for her keep I suppose :rolleyes:

ah their harmless little fellas and their poor hearts thumping with fear....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Ahhhh... Dormouse is so cute!! I really would like to see one in the flesh!!

Last summer I had 3 field mice in my garden shed after leaving the door ajar one night. They were little fur balls that climbed up and down the wall so my husband called them spider-mouse. We managed to capture all 3 of them with a humane trap purchased from Woodies. They were very scared in the plastic tube, but at least they were set free with tummy full of peanut butter! :D

Advertisement