Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting reported post emails on time.

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Well, I've cleared the mailqueue now as it's all just notifcations anyway; still a queue building for gmail addresses. It's not gigantic, but it is increasing. Talking to ecksor and Asok about it at the moment.

We already relay through Digiweb afaik.

Edit:

But of course the gmail stuff isn't relaying through Digiweb :) *smacks forehead*

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PM me if you want to test, I'll get a notification email about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If it helps - I just got a reply notification for post #30 in this thread which a big improvement. About 32min lag.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/gmail_delivery_delays.php
    Significant delays in the delivery of email messages to Gmail users are being widely reported with no apparent response from Google. As an increasing number of people choose to forward their email to and from Gmail, these delays present a real problem - enough business decisions are made based on email threads that delays of 9 to 12 hours for delivery could be a deal breaker for some users...
    Rest of article.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems to be improving now somewhat. Typical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Thanks to either Ross or Geemail or whoever fixed it. There's a shortish delay of about half hour now, better than 16hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

ok, relaying through digiweb now, will see if it makes any difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Still about a 20-25 minute lag for me, improving slowly. :)

I've got notifications set to instant reply and I only just got Steve's reply .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's back to a 3 hour delay now.

Erm... looks like its fixed after the outage \o/

Did you do something there CuLT?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yip. Mine are flying now like shite of a shovel :)

****e off a shovel ?

Man, ye can't beat the Donegal sense of humour ;)

Using a difference SMTP server for boards.ie mail at the moment.

Adverts.ie just fires them off from whatever node is active at the time though, PITA, will require some hacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This has started happening me tonight. About a 2 or 3 hr delay with some of them. Using my own email account (address in profile).

It's working fine for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement