Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Wild dogs at large after pack of 10 escape from UK wildlife park.

• 12-02-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

A pack wild dogs is on the loose after escaping from Howletts Wild Animal Park. Armed police have been alerted, as the Asiatic wild dogs or dholes could be dangerous if cornered. Ten dogs are believed to have escaped, with seven discovered still inside the park. But three remain at large, and the park has been closed while keepers, police and a vet armed with a tranquilizer gun hunt for the animals in the surrounding area.

A pack of 20 dholes lives at Howletts, and at 9.30am keepers discovered ten were missing. Helping with the search are keepers the dholes know well, and it is hoped they will want to return to familiar surroundings in which they were raised. These have all been reared in capotivity. The dholes will be frightened, and will probably try to return to the park. Apparently they look and behave like foxes and shouldnt be approached.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/7883629.stm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well if I'm in the Canterbury area over the next few days I'll make sure to take care if I come across them:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Well if I'm in the Canterbury area over the next few days I'll make sure to take care if I come across them:rolleyes:
    We could do with less of your sarcastic comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Its hardly important news for us irish folk is it!
    srameen,s comment was funny and made this thread worth reading.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Now this is just getting childish! :p

The article is neither relevant to Ireland or to Nature & Birdwatching. You're quick enough to throw sarcastic quips into threads yourself and I just thought this thread was crying out for one.
    Sorry if it annoyed you but let's get real and grown up about it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Can I not be included in the "we" part of your post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

:):):) Thank you:cool::)

Superdaddy wrote: »
    :):):) Thank you:cool::)

You're very Welcome! :P

When I read the OP I thought of my old Grandmother when she used to say "Sure you have to listen to thunder at times" ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement