Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wavefrontier T90 pole and dish size?

• 12-02-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Am looking into getting a T90 and am wondering could any of you owners give me some info on its actual size?
    a) from the specs I can get the dish sizes, but what I want to know is how far the complete assembly hangs below the bottom of the main dish

b) how far does the smaller dish sit from the front of the main dish - is it more that the length of a arm on an 80cm dish?

c) the pole mount requires a 60mm pole - is that the max size the pole sleeve will go to or could you mount it on say a standard road sign pole which looks to be about 75-80mm

d) how much clearance do you need behind the pole mount to be able to adjust the dish.

Because of my house/garden orientation, I was thinking of mounting it on a pole about 2m above ground. I currently have a lidl dish with a modified multi-lnb arm pointing at 5/13/19/28E sitting on a temp wall mount, but its sort of in the way.

Also am looking at feeding at least 2 if not 3 points in the house, so a motorised setup is not an oprion.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

WW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Hi guys

Am looking into getting a T90 and am wondering could any of you owners give me some info on its actual size?
    Whatever you imagine it is, well, its much bigger than that once you have it assembled!!
    a) from the specs I can get the dish sizes, but what I want to know is how far the complete assembly hangs below the bottom of the main dish
    b) how far does the smaller dish sit from the front of the main dish - is it more that the length of a arm on an 80cm dish?
    this pic gives you the best indication
    c) the pole mount requires a 60mm pole - is that the max size the pole sleeve will go to or could you mount it on say a standard road sign pole which looks to be about 75-80mm
    No - 60mm is what you need. I got mine from a local galvanised steel works.
    Because of my house/garden orientation, I was thinking of mounting it on a pole about 2m above ground. I currently have a lidl dish with a modified multi-lnb arm pointing at 5/13/19/28E sitting on a temp wall mount, but its sort of in the way.
    Also am looking at feeding at least 2 if not 3 points in the house, so a motorised setup is not an oprion.
    The lower the better. There are online calculators that will tell you exactly how much distance you need to clear obstructions of various heights. I have mine 1 m above ground level. The more stability the better. Also bear in mind that when ground mounting, you will have to cross brace the foundation end of the mount with galvanised steel rods. Make sure they fit exactly the holes you drill for them. Otherwise, theres a possibility the mount - whilst otherwise secure - will become lose with the wind bearing and twist.
    You will need slimline lnbs as regular lnbs simply wont fit together for the sats your looking to tune into (ie. theres little if any space between lnbs for 13/16/19). I use alps - but there is one other manufacturer of slimlines - their name I can never remember but google will throw up the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

my good god, thats some beast and set up! What are you receiving on yours eurorunner?

I got rid of my multi lnb setup when i moved to mayo, sometimes im considering setting it all up again but find my 1.1m motorised is very versertile!

snaps wrote: »
    my good god, thats some beast and set up! What are you receiving on yours eurorunner?

I got rid of my multi lnb setup when i moved to mayo, sometimes im considering setting it all up again but find my 1.1m motorised is very versertile!
    Hi snaps. I have 13/16/19/1 on the T90 & 28.2 on the original dish. Lets just say I receive quite a lot!
    Ironically, fed up with TV these days and don't watch a whole lot of it.
    I had a diseqc motor but I didnt feel comfortable with the noise of it with having neighbours close by.
    Also, it would become a drag changing channel - whereas channel hopping is instantaneous with a switch.
    Took a bit of setting up and initial investment but now its setup once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have cake and eat it.
    Multisat 13, 19, 23.5, 28.2 on 90cm into 16 way Multiswitch.
    Motor on 1.1m dish,
    Spare 95cm dish mounted in case I ever need it. I want to replace it with a 1.8m mesh petal manual polar mount and see if anything on C band.

Once your loads of dishes are there 5 years, very hard for council or anyone else to make you get rid of them.

I'd like to replace the 90cm triax with a T90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

You see what you've done now?

I didn't even know what one of these was now I want one :rolleyes:

What's the best delivered price on one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

gtg60 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

What's the best delivered price on one of these?

Got mine from Hmsat.de was happy with price and service.

Let us know how you get on and what you do..

Whilst I usually get my stuff from hm-sat, I think it was satshop24 for the T90 as they were (marginally) less expensive when delivery and payment method were taken into account..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes some good deals from germany, good way of checking is a price comparison site like idealo.de

Becarefull of some sites that have expensive delivery rates and some wont even deliver out of Germany.

I know a few sites i was using for 1m dishes have stopped sending anything bigger than 80cm now out of Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

I did buy mine T90 in Brussels in regular shop http://triac.e-nitiative.be/BIA_LandingPage.asp But that was about 5 years ago. I am not sure do they have this antenna in stock. Anyway you can ask.

Advertisement