Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the 16A bus like from town to airport?

Options
  • 12-02-2009 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

To the airport ? Is it packed from town? does it be on time ?
    going to the airport in the morning from town, praying I get there in time.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Only the 16A goes to the Airport btw, the 16 goes to Santry...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

unreliable....takes a heavy traffic route...if it comes it will get out in less than 40 mins...if you are cutting it fine just get the air coach..it saved my bacon on numerous occassions....got out in 25 mins once too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

unreliable....takes a heavy traffic route...if it comes it will get out in less than 40 mins...if you are cutting it fine just get the air coach..it saved my bacon on numerous occassions....got out in 25 mins once too...

How much is that ? Airlink/Dublin Bus 757 is 6euro. Don't want to pay that/don't haev the money to. We're all going mad for cheap flights, why pay through the nose for a bus fare ?:)

34Euro to the UK -ace
    6euro fro town-airport - lousy

flight's at 9.20, I'm checked in. I'm leaving my house at 7am, should be in town by 7.45 at the latest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'd agree with this, use either the 16/16a to get into town from rathfarnham, and it is quite a unrelyable service especially during rush hour, it goes probably the stupidest route I'd say, always takes a while going up south circular road into city center, not sure how speed is like out of town to airport though

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its takes a convoluted route once you g ett o whitehall.
    Instead of going straight up through santry it takes a right towards beaumont and into some terrible traffic lights before coming back on course.
    On a bad day that little diversion can add easily 15 minutes onto your travelling time.
    IF you must get it to the airport factor at least an hour just to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Yeah I suggest you either give yourself pleeeenty of time, or just pay the 6 quid and relax. €6 for a bus ride is not cheap, but the whole point is that you don't need to worry. Question of choice I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Might be better getting the 41 instead - doesn't turn off into Beaumont which can take forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

That bus is a nightmare fr rathfarnham. Can sometime take 25 mins or 55mins and i get the damn thing ev morning.

Oink wrote: »
    Yeah I suggest you either give yourself pleeeenty of time, or just pay the 6 quid and relax. €6 for a bus ride is not cheap, but the whole point is that you don't need to worry. Question of choice I suppose.

My plan went acorrding to , well, plan!
    I got my local bus to town at 7 , in town at 7.40 and then the 16a was due at quater to 8. Come ten to 8 no sign of it. I got nervous and ponied up the extortionate 6Euros for the airlink bus. There was also a 746 due which is a normal one I think but I wasn't going to risk it

Good thing I ponied up in the end cause getting trough security took ages - some moron thought it was appropriate to put a pliers and a can of red bull in his case!

Dublin Bus have us the balls here really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

My plan went acorrding to , well, plan!
    I got my local bus to town at 7 , in town at 7.40 and then the 16a was due at quater to 8. Come ten to 8 no sign of it. I got nervous and ponied up the extortionate 6Euros for the airlink bus. There was also a 746 due which is a normal one I think but I wasn't going to risk it

Good thing I ponied up in the end cause getting trough security took ages - some moron thought it was appropriate to put a pliers and a can of red bull in his case!

Dublin Bus have us the balls here really.

Personally I think the aircoach is good value. It's comfortable, reliable and they put on a replacement at the drop of a hat if the scheduled bus is filling up going through town. Compare €25 or so for a cab (and you have to listen to the driver) :)

• Advertisement

How much is the Aircoach ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

I think it's the same thing as the airlink Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

To the airport ?

SLOOOOOOOOOWW...............very slow............better off on any of the airport direct routes - aircoach or 747

Advertisement