Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Signs on Tramore Road

Options
  • 12-02-2009 6:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering some businesses advertise with signage on the road into tramore, is this allowed? Do you need permission from county council? Is there a fee for putting signs there or can any business put a sign up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

there was a funeral home sign up there a while back. I didnt see it. Only heard bout it on upthedeise.com. I presume they have to pay.dunno though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

neon_glows wrote: »
    Hey just wondering some businesses advertise with signage on the road into tramore, is this allowed? Do you need permission from county council? Is there a fee for putting signs there or can any business put a sign up?

All signs must be paid for to the council if they are permanent and on public land I think. Temporary ones people usually get way with.

The one you are talking about is on private land, not sure if they got permission. I think planning permission is needed if its on private land.

Though I believe most of the permanent signs as you enter tramore are placed illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have vague recollection of a 40 foot container in a field on the road which advertised somthing or other many years ago

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    I have vague recollection of a 40 foot container in a field on the road which advertised somthing or other many years ago

Thats usually how they get around it I think. Seen it done many areas!

Advertisement