Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a favour quick (router swap)

Options
  • 12-02-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I just registered with Irishbroadband today so I have 7 days to test it before I can give it back if it turns out crap (it's ok at the moment). I need to test it connected to a wireless router, but the router I have doesn't have a connection to go from the Irishbroadband ripwave box thingy, to it, it only has an ADSL one that fits the phone line. I don't want to fork out on one if it turns out to be crap when connected so if anyone doesn't need the ethernet port on theirs and is ok with just the phone line connection as mine has and would like to swap routers, please let me know :) my router is a netgear dg834g and is in perfect working condition. One of similar quality would be much appreciated. I'm around Dun Laoghaire so if there's anyone close by who can help, I'm all ears :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

assuming you get a decent router, it's not going to have any effect on the speed of your broadband. if the broadband is good without a router then it will be equally as good with a decent router in the middle and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's good to know :)

I need a wireless router with a WAN ethernet port (known as a Cable or Ethernet wireless router). It has to have NO DSL modem apparently :o

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

I can swap you a WGR614 for the DG834G, I can be out in dunlaoghaire on sunday if that suits yerself

That could be a deal! I'd really prefer a normal router with the WAN just incase I need to swap back to phone line DSL, but if I don't hear of any other offers before then, I'd be free on Sunday, if not before :) If you could PM me your number and I'll let you know anyway.

Thanks, Corm

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

TBH i use one of those with a DSL line, Just hook up the modem yer ISP give ya to it and away you go, PM sent with details

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, never thought of that! Well if you don't need your modem since your getting the DSL router from me, feel free to throw that in too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

cormie wrote: »
    That's good to know :)

I need a wireless router with a WAN ethernet port (known as a Cable or Ethernet wireless router). It has to have NO DSL modem apparently :o

It will still work...

Advertisement