Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy issues

Options
  • 12-02-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

well, i'm really writing on behalf of a friend who's having issues with her tenants... my friend lives abroad so she rented her flat last year through an agent.
    her tenants haven't paid the rent last month as the girl lost her job and her boyfriend...not sure, but the main thing is they haven't paid.
    they obviously contacted the agency about this however at the moment no one knows what's going on...the agency wasn't able to get in touch with the tenant and my friend doesn't know if they are staying/going or what else is happening....

what would you do? any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mike golf

Get a face to face with the tenants - the agent may be spinning a story and not giving all the info, if your friend is out of the country then she should get someone else ( friend/family) to contact tenant. At least then she knows where she stands and the can come to a reasonable arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mayblue

mike golf wrote: »
    Get a face to face with the tenants - the agent may be spinning a story and not giving all the info, if your friend is out of the country then she should get someone else ( friend/family) to contact tenant. At least then she knows where she stands and the can come to a reasonable arrangement.

thank you mike, that's a good suggestion... i think it's her boyfriend that is trying to handle things with the agency and he doesn't seem as concerned as my friend about their rent not being paid... :confused:

anyway, i offered my help if they need it... see what happens

Advertisement