Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Access

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

When I try to go to www.boards.ie or m.boards.ie on my Blackberry I get the same error message:

"HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable
    The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please tryloading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists.
    "

When I click on more details, it says:

"The following error was encountered: Unableto determine IP address from host name for www.boards.ie
    The DNS Server returned: Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query."

This has been happening for a few months now. I use the default browser on the Blackberry, as that is the only one that works properly for other sites.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks like a DNS problem:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055484826

It loads fine here for me.

Maybe reboot your blackberry device to clear your DNS cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

seamus wrote: »
    Maybe reboot your blackberry device to clear your DNS cache.

Thanks. Have rebooted by Blackberry - same error message. I also ran a backup and then wiped the Blackberry. I tried loading www.boards.ie and m.boards.ie both before and after restoring, and got the same error message.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

I have tried connecting directly to the IP address 89.234.66.107 as suggested here.

Desperately slow to load though and doesn't display properly.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've been asked by our hosting wizard if you could try now...

CuLT wrote: »
    I've been asked by our hosting wizard if you could try now...

Nice one. That is working perfectly now. Thanks for the quick fix - most impressive. :)

(I now get an error message saying "Handler Could Not Be Removed" - but all I have to do each time is click "ok" and it goes through to the next page)

• Advertisement
Advertisement