Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100

Options
  • 12-02-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Date set for July 11th, at the Manadaly. UFC will have to put some big matches on the card, any thoughts?

Some suggestions from five ounces of pain

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
    Rashad Evans vs. Rampage Jackson
    Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
    B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian
    Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Chuck Liddell vs Forrest Griffin
    Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

All deadly fights.

Dave Meltzer posted this, gives the probability of those listed:
    As expected, Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson is scheduled for 7/11 at UFC 100 at Mandalay Bay. Rashad Evans will defend on that show. Depends on how loaded they want to make it whether they’ll also put Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves, or save that fight for the August show.

Id like to see a stacked show but then UFC will run into the problem of having no big fights for the months after it. I thought Randy was going to be on UFC 99 along with B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I predict a high likelihood of at least one fight consistanting of some still drawing early UFC veterans. Not sure why, i just think it's the type of thing the UFC will do.

All those fights listed above would be very interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I belive they could do something better. Every fight on the card should be a title fight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

dunkamania wrote: »

Didnt they fight a while back at UFC 69. If i recall it was one of the worst fights I have ever seen...

Still can't wait for the event im sure it will be special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Date set for July 11th, at the Manadaly. UFC

Link? I am going to this but need to know what days to book of work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Didnt they fight a while back at UFC 69. If i recall it was one of the worst fights I have ever seen...

Totally agree with you about that fight. It was awful. But Diego had a bad staph infection and that effected him and Koschek has got better so I would still like to see this. Diego is down to 155 now so not sure if he'd want to go back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Date set for July 11th, at the Manadaly. UFC will have to put some big matches on the card, any thoughts?

Some suggestions from five ounces of pain

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
    Rashad Evans vs. Rampage Jackson
    Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
    B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian
    Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Chuck Liddell vs Forrest Griffin

Surely Rampage won't be getting a title shot after Jardine has put him to sleep? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Link for Superwoody, you may want to find another confirmation on it though

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/02/11/levick-day-dreaming-about-ufc-100/

Agree with Dragan on the veteran aspect, Randy has to be likely to fight.

As far as Koschek v Sanchez goes, Sanchez had staph at the time, and Kos was a one dimensional wrestler. They have both evolved, plus there is very real animosity there. Given that Sanchez is fighting at LW at 95, not much chance of it happening, unless the cut is just too much for him. I never thought of him as a small WW, so interesting what he looks like at LW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SPORTINGGAMEZ

Pretty poor from what i remember, but that was down to the way Josh wantedf to play the fight. Keep it safe, standing, but take him down right a tthe end of each roubnd.

Totally eliminated Diego's threat. Josh didnot carte how he won that fight, just as long as he ended the unbeaten run, particularly given the bad blood between them beforehand!

Advertisement