Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gormley launches his defence of Lenihan

Options
  • 12-02-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhsnidgbeymh/

The only consolation I can draw from any of this daily sideshow of sad, sad, slapstick, shameless excuse making, and the overall thoroughly idiotic debacle is that John Gormless and the Greens are steadily but completely destroying their own reputations, Political careers and respectability.

- So allow yourself a smile today!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The issue at hand has nothing to do with lenihan ,it's the sum of all the mistakes the government has made.
    If lenihan is fingered out ,then all fianna fail should resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

John Gormley is Ireland's biggest disgrace. A full 180o turn since his 2007 attacks on McDowell for "low public standards"

He will lose his seat at the next election,a nd his party are about to get blow to bits at the locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

Het-Field wrote: »
    John Gormley is Ireland's biggest disgrace. A full 180o turn since his 2007 attacks on McDowell for "low public standards"

He will lose his seat at the next election,a nd his party are about to get blow to bits at the locals.

The only solution now is to remove the government by force.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

conlonbmw wrote: »

Can that be done because there is no way this gov is going to fall as they in particular the greens will be out on their arse come a gen election and good riddance too !

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

Gormley is simply looking for his ministers pension in 6 months. Why else would he support the government?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I have to say I applaud this man for his hard hitting observations and his grasp of all the things wrong with Ireland today, would that he were around now.

http://www.johngormley.com/wp/2007/02/24/speech-to-green-party-convention-2007/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

how about all the people not liking the public service pensions levy, those that don't like the recession levy and those that don't like the gov bank connivance,and the people don't like the other public service cuts all protest on the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nice to know that he thinks he knows what he's talking about. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭VO

Does John Gormless not realse that stupidity runs in the Lenihan family Think Conor & Brian Senior

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

VO wrote: »
    Does John Gormless not realse that stupidity runs in the Lenihan family Think Conor & Brian Senior

Don't forget their batty Aunty Mary O Rourke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mr.Micro wrote: »

and the family motto "Pure Recollection". I'm surprised that wasn't used in the latest Anglo screw-up. Perhaps it's usage is being reserved for something more alarming. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Unless people act now we are utterly, utterly screwed. Absolute clarity is needed and it is clear that the current government won't, for unknown reasons, deliver this. There is a lot more at stake here than the political future of John Gormley and the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Nice to know that he thinks he knows what he's talking about. :rolleyes:

As opposed to who, you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Het-Field wrote: »

Yeah he really puts Sean Fitzpatrick et al in the shade, doesn't he? :p

conlonbmw wrote: »

The only solution? Teehee!

&

Those are very high horses you're riding, folks. Hope you never fall off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Those are very high horses you're riding, folks. Hope you never fall off them!

You could be riding a Hamster sitting on a Hamsters back I]whew[/I and still pause to look down at those Lenihans.....

.....Sitting there like cretins smoking in the Dail bar while eating Turkish Kebabs and not reading reports they asked us to pay tens of thousands for while the whole Country disintegrates under the fat, fumbling thumbs of them and their crooked friends and colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Remember the Eircom debacle? The ordinary Joe Soap was screwed into the ground while the banks, surprise surprise, cleaned up. Of course when she lost her Dail seat there was a nice little earner waiting in the Seanad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

God I read his 2007 address there and its like a different man completely! ( I suppose it is)
    Its true what they say"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"...
    Or in this case "minor power corrupts absolutely" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ejmaztec wrote: »
    and the family motto "Pure Recollection". I'm surprised that wasn't used in the latest Anglo screw-up. Perhaps it's usage is being reserved for something more alarming. :eek:

mature recollection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Yeah he really puts Sean Fitzpatrick et al in the shade, doesn't he?
    Eh, he does actually. Fitz was an arsehole who deceived his shareholders but his shareholders were wilfully gambling their money (ie investing). John Gormley and his fellow greens wilfully deceived the population first by going into power with the scumiest party of them all and secondly for standing by them as they wilfully tear the country down.

Then again, the bigger the recession, the lower our CO2 so I can't really say that its against green party policy...

Advertisement