Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to have a pint near The 02 Arena....

Options
  • 12-02-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Taking a group to The 02 Arena soon , Looking for nice pub nearby to past the couple of hours I'll be waiting , Heard there not much around venue ? (first time to arena and area ) Will be on foot or using Taxi ,Do not want to travel to far away, the nearer the better

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Theres the Green Room around the corner on Sheriff st upper (be careful of the pianist though, I hear he eats children), the boat on the Liffey, Cill Airne also have a nice bar on the top deck. It's not just a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

some pubs in the IFSC that might be alright - Harbourmaster and Excise Bar.
    Still around a 10 to 15min walk down to the O2 from there, but alright surroundings anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

another vote for the mv cill airne, great bangers and mash too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Cheers lads
    Will check out 1 or maybe 2

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

isnt excise bar shut??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The White Horse is a good pub, had a few there last night watching the football, not too far a walk.

There's also another pub further down the south quays, on Sir John Rogerson's Quay actually, called The Ferryman.

It's a nice local pub, with all sorts of tat on the walls, and sometimes live trad sessions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

A sneaky one would be the Oarsman in ringsend. Quality pub with good smoking area and its a 500m walk across the east link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And although the price of a pint in the venue costs €6- the Carlsberg is probably (no pun) the best Carlsberg I've tasted anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Mingey wrote: »
    Theres the Green Room around the corner on Sheriff st upper (be careful of the pianist though, I hear he eats children), the boat on the Liffey, Cill Airne also have a nice bar on the top deck. It's not just a restaurant.

Im the pianist and Im not a he! Im a she! I dont eat children!

Rockman, we're 2mins walk from the O2, you can get us on google maps.

owned-box.jpg

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

the laguna bar in the ifsc is a nice bar work in the ifsc myself and go there on a regular basis theres a nice bookies next door to it also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Some of the hotel bars, jurys inn, clarion hotel on the north quays, and the qualitas hotel on the south side are quite good...

The Laguna is good, the exise closes early (if it opens at all as a bar these days) the habour master...........

The green room would be the closest, having being in it yet though it looks nice........

Mairt wrote: »
    owned-box.jpg

:P

Dont geddit?....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

A ten minute walk or so but Kate's Cottage next to Busras is a cracking pub

Zatman wrote: »
    A ten minute walk or so but Kate's Cottage next to Busras is a cracking pub

Ah, the Master Mariner - used to do the best stew in Dublin!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

just stear clear of temple bar unless you have your
    credit card or check book on you ;)10 euro a bowl of stew say no more.

if your looking for imo the greatest pint in dublin, ie if your a guinness man/woman try O'Donoghue's on the green not a million miles from the o2.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Argee with O Donoghue's
    Cracking pub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Hi all
    Taking a group to The 02 Arena soon , Looking for nice pub nearby to past the couple of hours I'll be waiting , Heard there not much around venue ? (first time to arena and area ) Will be on foot or using Taxi ,Do not want to travel to far away, the nearer the better

Cheers in advance
    London Forum TBH. :rolleyes:

No, thats what theyre calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No, thats what theyre calling it now.
    I was just being pedantic, there's no 'Arena' in the name, just The 02.

Any decent drinking pubs down Irishtown? It's only a stroll across the east link,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

I got that from the other thread. Sorry, I thought you were a bloke, your username reminds me of Peewee Herman :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I was just being pedantic, there's no 'Arena' in the name, just The 02.

Any decent drinking pubs down Irishtown? It's only a stroll across the east link,

You could throw a blanket over the five on Ringsend bridge, inc. the excellent Oarsman as recommended above.

Again thanks for all help.

Will be checking out 1 or 2 of these pubs (have more than 3 hours to kill)

And Peewee_lane , a pint and a bit of soft listening ,sounds good , will def check it out,

No problem Rockman, will be happy to help those pints go down softly.. when you coming? Would be nice to meet a boardsie at work!

No problem Rockman, will be happy to help those pints go down softly.. when you coming? Would be nice to meet a boardsie at work!

We where suppose to be going next month , But only just heard that it has to be put in back to June. A bit away i know ,but will def check your place out and will introduce myself if thats ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Theres a grand spot called Noctors nearby

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Theres a grand spot called Noctors nearby

Once you go in you may never come out...:P

Advertisement