Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Club Milk the best tea break biccie or what?

• 12-02-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

On my coffee break finally & just been rumaging through the cupboards in our mini-kitchen here in the office. I just found.... drumroll.... A CLUB MILK!!! I'd totally forgotten they even existed... I don't think I've had one since I was 10. Used to love them... nibbling the chocolate off from around the edges... yum.

Normally we've got cho-chip cookies, oreos or even shortbread here, but are club milks not just the best tea break snack?

(Thats if i don't forget them again by tomorrow...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh... always found the chocolate on Club Milk to be sub-standard.

They're a pale imitation of the far superior Purple Snack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Chocolate covered Rich Tea tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Purple Snacks FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

basquille wrote: »

completely agree, i HATE club milks but love snacks!

if ya like a lota choclate on ye biscuit join a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SJPRogue

Bit harsh isn't it???

I know that club changed back in the 90's but haven't they gone back to the original club? (Googled clubs on tea break while eating it - did you know they're an irish invention too?)

Anyway, its now near lunchtime... i'm going to go and get a Snack to compare the 2.

Any others I should get to add to the mix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Penguin bars are often overlooked but worthy of a mention imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Purple snacks are good. Hob nob for me though, thanks!

chocolatedigestive.jpg

Hob nobs are very nice... esp dunked in tea.

I remember penguins too. Penguins & club milks are real school lunchbox bars. (...?)

Are they bisbuits or bars????

Just read that Club have 69% chocolate, way more than the snack... cheap imported imitation...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SJPRogue wrote: »
    Just read that Club have 69% chocolate, way more than the snack... cheap imported imitation...:eek:
    69% "mank" chocolate though..! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mint club milk ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'm actually so plain when it comes to tea snacks!! I love shortbread, rich tea and digestives. Umm Umm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Normally prefer purple snack but the new dark choc club milks are wicked nnnnnnyom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I remember, as a kid, carefully eating or breaking off all the chocolate on clubmilks to reveal the biscuit underneath. Also people used to get the odd solid chocolate one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Club Milks never floated my boat.

For me the nicest would have to be Fox's Classic Bar followed closely by
    the two finger mint kit-kat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Club Milks FTW:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Goldshlager

When they got rid of the middle layer a couple years ago.....that really messed them up.
    I know they are back to normal now but purple snacks have taken over.

I bought a load of penguin bars last Friday....nom nom

Caffreys Snowballs:eek:
    They are not biscuits but yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

mmmm.... Fox's Classic are damn tasty

Also, McVitie's Gold bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

With a mug a tea ye can't beat a Toffee Crisp. Or dip a Twix in the tea and suck off all that awful chocolate and the caramel and biscuit taht's left is the dogs nadgers. You won't disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

lynchpin wrote: »
    Club Milks never floated my boat.

For me the nicest would have to be Fox's Classic Bar followed closely by
    the two finger mint kit-kat.

They're great with tea! I use them as straws :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

s_carnage wrote: »
    I'm actually so plain when it comes to tea snacks!! I love shortbread, rich tea and digestives. Umm Umm

pfft.. get with the times gramps..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

moonflower wrote: »
    They're great with tea! I use them as straws :)

Oh I must try that immediately :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Purple snacks for me! Somebody mentioned Snowballs..mmm!!! would eat tonnes of these!! Really enjoy a Drifter also with a cuppa tea!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Gridlock wrote: »
    Purple snacks for me! Somebody mentioned Snowballs..mmm!!! would eat tonnes of these!! Really enjoy a Drifter also with a cuppa tea!;)

A purple snack would beat a club milk everytime. Drifters are also amazing with a cuppa but the drifter has to come out of the fridge and be freezing cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Club Milks were pretty good til I discovered Tim Tam's Double Coat bars. They are a big Australian thing apparantly. I bought a pack in Tesco Maynooth. Bite a bit off 2 alternating corners and suck some tea or milk up thru the biccy... welcome to heaven! ;)

The ultimate choc bar type thingy has gotta be Kinder Maxi King.... incredible... you get them in the fridges of shops instead of with the other bars....

Still, I think Club Milks rock..

cuppla reasons:
    1. they're an Irish invention
    2. Ok, Danone messed with the recipe when they owned them & screwed it up for everyone, but they're back to normal now
    3. I love nibling the choc from around the outside

Mind you, I prefered the old foil wrapper... used to be able to make things out of it, like gold cups & stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

these are my latest discovery. fox's chocolatey shortcake rounds...MASSIVE layer of chocolate on the top for a simple oul bit a shortcake:pac:
    *shuffles off to stick on kettle*

http://www.foxs-biscuits.co.uk/product.php?id=shortround

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daisygirl

The Cadbury's Purple Snack get my vote - club milk is a cheap imitation. Can't go past the aul twix either :P

What i found recently is Fox's chunky choc and nut cookies(not sure of the correct name)... if you like a bit of choc, bit of nut in a crunchy biscuit - then these are definite winners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

good god i'm drooling here! possibly the worst thread to open the day I go off choc for lent grrr

but purple snacks all the way :) mmmmm

• Advertisement

just tried a purple snack & club milk side by side.... both consumed with a cuppa tea.... both nibbled at, chunks bitten out, dunked in tea etc.... same treatment for both....

conclusion....

what are all the purple snackers on about!?!! clubs much nicer. when did you all last have a club....

still..... no foil wrapper.......... wherefore art thou auld foil wrapper......

Advertisement