Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drawings for driveway?

• 12-02-2009 1:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to apply for Pp for a front driveway and they sent the application back saying it must "include drawings etc".
    When i rang the office up they said that they needed drawings of the garden now and drawings of what it would look like with teh driveway,complete with measurements.
    Now,i could probably do the drawing myself but what level of competancy are they looking for?Would i be beter to hire somebody to do the drawings for me and how much would that cost?
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Are you proposing a new entrance to the road? I dont see how a new driveway over an existing one would require planning.

If you do require drawings then I'm afraid it would be easier to get somebody familiar with doing applications do draw it up. The LA validation dept are very "efficent" of late. Even at the best of times they have a list of things they require on a drawing and if any are missing or unclear it becomes an invalid application and will be sent back to you.

Previously it would be difficult to get somebody to do a job like this but I think now most Architects/engineers offices are taking in any work available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Slig wrote: »
    Are you proposing a new entrance to the road? I dont see how a new driveway over an existing one would require planning.

If you do require drawings then I'm afraid it would be easier to get somebody familiar with doing applications do draw it up. The LA validation dept are very "efficent" of late. Even at the best of times they have a list of things they require on a drawing and if any are missing or unclear it becomes an invalid application and will be sent back to you.

Previously it would be difficult to get somebody to do a job like this but I think now most Architects/engineers offices are taking in any work available.

Yeah its a new driveway from my house to the footpath.There's a verge from the path to the road which the council will concrete once planning permission is granted.

Any idea how much somebody would want to do the drawings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I'm afraid its, how long is a piece of spring? There is a huge variety in prices. The only way of knowing is to get lots of quotes.

Sounds similar to trying to get a solicitor!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

its a tricky one. if you have a pedestrian exit onto roads and want to make it a vehicular one you need planning but otherwise you wouldn't need it.
    regardless the application will need an add in newspaper, the application form filled out, a site notice, simple enough plan drawing with sight lines if applicable. the entrance piers and gate if new. so you dont erect the north entrance to anfield at your gate. and the fee.

the admin and paperwork side is the same if you go for a driveway as for a JP macnamus size house.....

do you have the existing site plan and dimensions of front area.

if so PM me.

P

• Advertisement

davgtrek wrote: »
    its a tricky one. if you have a pedestrian exit onto roads and want to make it a vehicular one you need planning but otherwise you wouldn't need it.
    regardless the application will need an add in newspaper, the application form filled out, a site notice, simple enough plan drawing with sight lines if applicable. the entrance piers and gate if new. so you dont erect the north entrance to anfield at your gate. and the fee.

the admin and paperwork side is the same if you go for a driveway as for a JP macnamus size house.....

do you have the existing site plan and dimensions of front area.

if so PM me.

P

I was told i did need permission because it was a front garden with no prior driveway.I filled the form out ( i have it in front of me) and sent it off.I was going to put the site ad in the northside people as it was cheapest.
    I'm not using brick piers,its cheaper to use the metal ones so it wont look radically differnet to whats there now or to my next door neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This and this may be helpful

Advertisement