Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Tournament Fixtures Part Two

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

my turn to throw 0

Padr81 5v5 Scunner

Great game mate. Fantastic scoring by you, you doubles let you down a tad, I'd say marginally under 20% today. to finish with a 67 average while having a bad day on the doubles and having to throw two 0's because Ezchalk ****ed up is superb. In fairness you should of beaten me 6-4 possibly 7-3. Great finish at the end for the draw. You hit me back hard whenever I was in. When I hit 121 and you came in behind with the 140 I was thinking I was in for a whooping.

I finished with 5/12 doubles according to No.1. I'm thrilled with that and the 80 outshot. My scoring was pathetic in the first couple of legs and bar the 180 you woulda being 3-0 up.

Good game, it was nice to have a game like that to start me upping my game back to a decent standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

good game padr81, you won 6-4, i think. Fair is fair if you marked wrong score.You played well, good finishing. That 77 in second last leg, nailed the 45 but couldnt hit x16. Well done again and best of luck in rest of tournament.

It was indeed a good game. If I could hold my never like that in public I'd be well happy.

Do you play pub league darts padr81?
    What county?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads I'm confused. Was it a 5-5 draw or did padr81 win 6-4. Can one of you confirm please?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

well it would suit me to play the 5 legs even if i manage 1 it'll be better than 10-0 i'll pm him now
    im around tonight an all day sunday if u see this jay.

just pm'd him hope he can play i could obviously really use the practise

That's cool. I won't enter the score in yet and hopefully you can play the last 5 legs.

scunner wrote: »
    Do you play pub league darts padr81?
    What county?

Mayo, but i'm only on the B team for my local (the A team recently had 4 men in the last 16 at a Mayo open in Claremorris). In the last couple of weeks I've being murdered by Padraig Hestor (a pro player) (well got to around 100 in all 3 games) and last week Joe Byrne (sligo county player) in singles competition.

I only started going to these comps because my brother is just recently back playing and he's good enough to play for the county. Reguarly beats members of the county teams (and atm we've got one of the best) although he's a tad behind the standard of the best atm.

If you don't already you should get to some of the Opens around the country, for every top county player who averages mid 70's to 80, theres a guy who averages 50. You'd do quite well with the darts you played today. Had you scored like that against me in a live venue I'd of **** myself.

KingP35 - What happened was I had 71 left and hit 6,25,D20 but I accidently entered it as 6,Bull, D20 when clicking on the board. I bust and Scunner finished his outshot. So we weren't sure what to do. I'd say go with a draw. I'll leave it in the hands of the tournament officials though.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Just for the record, I've pm'd Coyle on Thursday as I'm supposed to play him before Sunday. Unfortunately I'm in Galway from lunchtime tomorrow for the weekend so it's either tonight after 7, tomorrow morning or any evening next week.

Haven't received a response yet so just letting you's know.

howya just pmed ya. I can do any time tonight. just give us a shout on here!

• Advertisement

padr81 wrote: »
    KingP35 - What happened was I had 71 left and hit 6,25,D20 but I accidently entered it as 6,Bull, D20 when clicking on the board. I bust and Scunner finished his outshot. So we weren't sure what to do. I'd say go with a draw. I'll leave it in the hands of the tournament officials though.

Well fair is fair, you legitimately won the leg so I think it's only fair that you should have the 6-4 win. scunner if you are not happy with that then feel free to post up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

pm sent to ronan ravan, sorry wasn't online this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 el_duderino

Evening lads,

just to let you know I sent a PM to Chuckythetree for our match earlier. Hoping to organise something for tomorrow early afternoon. Saturday night and pretty much all day sunday are a no-no for me so I'll keep my fingers crossed he replies!!!

passinginterest I'll be ready in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Kingp35 wrote: »
    passinginterest I'll be ready in 5 mins.

Ready when you are. Seeing as you're tournament organiser I'll let you set it up.

Ok good to go.

• Advertisement

A thriller at the half way point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

A thriller at the half way point :D

Dead right! Great match so far lads, the 4th leg was great! Keep up the good work!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Dead right! Great match so far lads, the 4th leg was great! Keep up the good work!

Ended 7-3 to me. Strange game, nice and close mostly both losing legs we should have won.

Wow I fell apart after the half way mark. When I got down to the 200 point I messed up every time. I missed so many big numbers and I don't want to even talk about my doubles. Must have been about 7% checkout rate. So disappointed with that second half performance. Well done passinginterest, you played well and deserved your one. Cheers for the game.

Final score: Kingp35 3-7 passinginterest

Wow I fell apart after the half way mark. When I got down to the 200 point I messed up every time. I missed so many big numbers and I don't want to even talk about my doubles. Must have been about 7% checkout rate. So disappointed with that second half performance. Well done passinginterest, you played well and deserved your one. Cheers for the game.

Final score: Kingp35 3-7 passinginterest

We both had plenty of double trouble, the 9th leg was a disaster, I had 20 left after 15 darts and it must have been close to 40 thrown when you eventually put me out of my misery. My finishing was erratic to say the least, give me one dart at double 11 no bother, ask me to hit double ten or 8 and no chance.

• Advertisement

We both had plenty of double trouble, the 9th leg was a disaster, I had 20 left after 15 darts and it must have been close to 40 thrown when you eventually put me out of my misery. My finishing was erratic to say the least, give me one dart at double 11 no bother, ask me to hit double ten or 8 and no chance.

Yeah we both were pretty poor on the finishing but the scoring was pretty good throughout the game. But I suppose it's doubles that win you legs and you hit more than me! I think there was only one leg in the match that both of us didn't get shots at double. Strange game. At least I know where I have to focus my practice for the next game!

Yeah we both were pretty poor on the finishing but the scoring was pretty good throughout the game. But I suppose it's doubles that win you legs and you hit more than me! I think there was only one leg in the match that both of us didn't get shots at double. Strange game. At least I know where I have to focus my practice for the next game!

Thanks again for the game and for organising the whole thing, it's a great idea. Good luck with the rest of it. Now let's both hit that practice board. :D

Thanks again for the game and for organising the whole thing, it's a great idea. Good luck with the rest of it. Now let's both hit that practice board. :D

Same to you and no problem, it's great fun and that's what it's all about really :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Some great matches so far!:)
    I've never seen this idea on any other darts forum!
    Can you give me the fixture list for the next round of matches Kingp?;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

is it safe to assume ezchalk is a disaster?

is it safe to assume ezchalk is a disaster?

No it's been fine. It's not ideal but it's OK. It would be better if it could be programmed to play ten legs instead of having to start over each time.

I think maybe setting up the game it would be a good idea to set it up as 3 sets best of 7 legs, that way you can play ten legs and just stop. Unless that causes problems with who throws first?

dartspro would be better but it suffers from firewall issues etc

dartspro would be better but it suffers from firewall issues etc

Dartspro is much faster but unless your computer literate you won't be able to set it up. Ezchalk is slightly slow but it does the job.

Hi kingpin,
    Padr81 won 6-4 in our match.
    He just miss typed in a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Evolution Enter, i've set up a game on ezchalk there. I'm ready whenever you are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

dionsiseire, I will be able to play within the next hour if that suits...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Sorry PatrickinCork, my internet connection is killing me here, at nothing!!

no prob, let me know when ya get it sorted and we'll organise a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

sorry carrickman i lost an entire day there to a late party and sleep. I should be around my house till 7 tonight if u want a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Any chance we could leave it until tomorrow evening as I'm heading out for the day shortly and don't know when I will be back. I know games were supposted to be played by tonight but I just cant get to play today if this suites you and the Admin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Ronan Ravan 7 - 3 Degag.

Well done Ronan, it was a pretty poor game to be fair. i think you averaged 49 and me, 48 but i i was so inconsistent (much moreso than yourself)

Don't know if you play poker but i went on the equivilant of "tilt" in our game at one stage... i couldn't hit a fat twenty let alone a treble. Every time i hit a t20 it landed prefectly in the bed, just wanting another 1 or 2 to join it, but the next dart went nowhere near it, it was so frustrating. I had about 12 shots at doubles in the first two legs, if i could have taken them it could have been a different game.

I thought your finishing was pretty good though and if you could get your scoring a bit more consistent, you could be damgerous in this tournie. Good luck.

ps. Give me a pm, i can give you a bit of info on kingp35's game;):D

My and Degag's game finished 7-3 to me. Ezchalk is so so slow!

I was way to inconsistent hence the averages, you had a fair few darts that could have changed the game a lot. I had three good legs hitting 80 and 100 consistently then a few last legs of hitting 45 and 26.. story of my darting life :) thanks for the game.

Oh yea my odd finishing I had 60 left hit 5 instead of the 20 then went for the big 15 to leave tops.. hit triple 15 and left 10... managed to hit it somehow I would have flung my board out the window had I messed up anymore!

Yeah listen if its ok with them i might not be around tommorrow evening so if King is ok we will get it done this week, it wont be forgot about literally both had schedule issues each day, no point in picking a winner, i promise we will play this

if the other persons in the group want a game tonight to help expidate the league a little im online and playing now in my shed

just PM me

Evolution Enter, I'm free to play tonight if ya have your internet connection sorted, I'm off work tomorrow if you want to leave it until then
    Cheers,
    Patrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

similar situation here with myself and nhughes100, hes been in galway all weekend but said in his post on page 4 that he can do any night next week, so im assumin we'll get it done tomorrow evening, if thats ok with all concerned?

Lads that's fine, don't worry about it. Just try and get your game played as soon as you can and post the score up here.

If evolution enter and Patrickincork want to play during the week thats ok too and the same for the others who have yet to play but please try get them played as quick as possible because I don't want a backlog of fixtures.

iseethelight and jay.cymru, are you lads planning on playing the last 5 legs of your game? If not then I am going to award 3 legs to jay.cymru and 2 legs to iseethelight. Get back to me and let me know.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Lads that's fine, don't worry about it. Just try and get your game played as soon as you can and post the score up here.

If evolution enter and Patrickincork want to play during the week thats ok too and the same for the others who have yet to play but please try get them played as quick as possible because I don't want a backlog of fixtures.

iseethelight and jay.cymru, are you lads planning on playing the last 5 legs of your game? If not then I am going to award 3 legs to jay.cymru and 2 legs to iseethelight. Get back to me and let me know.

Cheers

Hi
    Haven't got any response from jay.cymru
    So whatever you decide is fine by me

Hi
    Haven't got any response from jay.cymru
    So whatever you decide is fine by me

I'll give ya a couple of days to try organise it and if not then i'll do what I said above.

fair enough i'll pm him again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Andyp 8 Dioniseire 2

• Advertisement

AndyP wrote: »
    Andyp 8 Dioniseire 2

I presume you lads played so there wouldn't be a backlog of fixtures?

Ok I'll take note of the score.

The new fixtures are now up.

Could anyone who still has to play their round 2 games please get them played as soon as you can and post them in this thread. It will make life much easier for me! If they aren't played by the end of the week then I will have to make a decision on the scores.

I think we can forget about my game being finished. Gonna move on to next match.

I think we can forget about my game being finished. Gonna move on to next match.

No problem, I'll put the score down as 8-2.

With the speed of EZChalk it might be better to just first of all

first to 6 is the score, like premier league 8-1 win. and second of all not to do fixtures, just get everyone in the group to play each other once and then start the second half of the group after that

• Advertisement
Advertisement