Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Blackberry Data Pricing Question

• 12-02-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going for the 8900 on O2, does anyone know if you can use O2's €7.50 250mb data add of for emails or do you have to use the €20 Blackberry package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

dubmick wrote: »
    Thinking of going for the 8900 on O2, does anyone know if you can use O2's €7.50 250mb data add of for emails or do you have to use the €20 Blackberry package?

You won't be able to use the 250MB data add-on, as the Blackberry bundle includes the Blackberry service charge. Vodafone are the same with their Blackberry and Business Email solutions and Meteor are the same with their Mobile Email service too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

Are you sure? I have a blackberry on Vodafone and I don't pay the monthly data charge (I cancelled it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

dubmick wrote: »
    Are you sure? I have a blackberry on Vodafone and I don't pay the monthly data charge (I cancelled it)

If that's the case, I take it you're not using the Blackberry service? If you're looking for the phone without the Blackberry service, then unfortunately there's no way around it with O2. I confirmed this with customer care who double-checked with data support.

Advertisement