Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Cleaners in Sligo

Options
  • 12-02-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Can you recommend a good carpet cleaner? Its only a small job, just the stairs and the landing!

Thanks a mill

CT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

All I can say is that my experience with one of the larger companies in Sligo left something to be desired (they failed to show up twice) so I got a smaller company to do it.

I wish I could remember which one, but I've been to the Golden Pages and they all ring a bell I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Why don't you hire a carpet cleaner yourself and do it yourself.
    We at homebase rent them out for €30 of 24hours.They do a very good job

Just a thought instead of getting a company in to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Chemdry are good + use a proper industrial machine. ( I have no connection to them ).

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Why don't you hire a carpet cleaner yourself and do it yourself.
    We at homebase rent them out for €30 of 24hours.They do a very good job

Just a thought instead of getting a company in to do it.

+1 on that ....was well satisfied with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

jimmmy wrote: »
    Chemdry are good + use a proper industrial machine. ( I have no connection to them ).

I have to agree.
    There's a chap in Cartron called Llyod something who's quite professional.
    Don't know what he charges though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I got a flyer in the door recently for NCF or Connacht Gold, and it said you could rent a carpet cleaner for €10 or €15 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was going to say the Homebase one....but that NCF one is really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magnumlady wrote: »
    I was going to say the Homebase one....but that NCF one is really cheap.
    I could have been imagining it though..

417.gif

€10 or €15 sounds very good.
    Wonder how good a job it does?
    Might look into that now...

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Try the cleaning doctor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Sam Hire do rental of carpet cleaners, with the following added benefit:

Only open half day Saturday and closed Sunday. Hire it out on saturday morning, keep till monday and pay for 1 day's hire

No connection to Sam Hire, just used them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 soniag

Don't know if you found a carpetcleaner yet, but we used Dean Gurrie from Gurries Laundry.
    Did a great job.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Sam Hire do rental of carpet cleaners, with the following added benefit:

Only open half day Saturday and closed Sunday. Hire it out on saturday morning, keep till monday and pay for 1 day's hire

No connection to Sam Hire, just used them before.

I rented a cement mixer for them on a Friday - they were supposed to pick it up on the Monday, but didn't do so until over a week later. I only paid for one days hire. Good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi all,

I just rang NCF, and they told me that they dont hire out carpet cleaners!

So Im ringing Homebase next!! ;-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Some guy left in flyers for a free carpet cleaning to us in pc world. He was hoping it would encourage repeat business or word of mouth advertising. I don't know if they're still there. I must admit, I was tempted to find some old piece of **** carpet and just let people puke, **** and piss all over it. Then get him in to clean it for free and when he had finally finished, dump it right in front of him. I managed to suppress the evil bástard inside me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Some guy left in flyers for a free carpet cleaning to us in pc world. He was hoping it would encourage repeat business or word of mouth advertising. I don't know if they're still there. I must admit, I was tempted to find some old piece of **** carpet and just let people puke, **** and piss all over it. Then get him in to clean it for free and when he had finally finished, dump it right in front of him. I managed to suppress the evil bástard inside me though.

Don't do that... he'll only go and use that water to wash his next carpet.... I know all about water conservation but jeezz....

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Call Jason at "Tonys Cleaning Service"

20 years in Business for a good reason , excellent professional service

*please don't post phone numbers in threads - that's what pms are for - fozzle*

http://www.tonyscleaningservices.ie/contact.html

GG66 wrote: »
    Call Jason at "Tonys Cleaning Service"

20 years in Business for a good reason , excellent professional service

*please don't post phone numbers in threads - that's what pms are for - fozzle*

http://www.tonyscleaningservices.ie/contact.html

Do you thnk you should change the company name to Jasons Cleaning Service or you could change your name to Tony rhen you COULD be tony at Tonys Cleaning Service... just a suggestion.... by the way do you change the water in your vacs before you move to another room? :rolleyes:(see previous posts)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Lol @ the HOT topic of carpet cleaning!

Anyway, does anyone know where I can rent a Rug Doctor machine? :o

Short Answer: Homebase

Long Answer: Homebase do them, they are €30.49 for 24 hours and around €33 for 48 hours. You must buy the detergent to go with it though which adds at least another €5 depending which size bottle of carpet detergent you need.
    Ring in advance though as they are quite popular and there isn't always one available so ring ahead to save yourself a wasted journey.

• Advertisement

Thanks Bobcar, I'll get onto my man on the inside to sort it out. (What are my chances of getting him to operate it? Slim I reckon..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cleaningdoctor

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Nine months later and you get around to ringing someone...lol..

Anyway stay clear of the Fr*nk the cleaning doctor... he used the same water to clean our front room, then the stairs and landing and then our kids bedroom... the same water.... no filtration... and then he had the cheek to show me how dirty it was...'oh look how much dirt I got from your carpet...'

Yeah pity you transfered it from our front room to our kids bedroom!!!:mad:

Hi my name is Frank Finan and I am the cleaning doctor, I have never posted on here before and I hadn't heard of this site until two people told me about it and what was written here today.

I don't remember this particular job but my machine is an industrial one with a two tank sysytem you fill one tank with clean water as this water is used in the cleaning process it then goes to another tank for the dirty water. I can clean quite a lot of rooms in fact a very large house or a business premises without needing to refill the tank.

Hi Bruce sorry for not explaining the process to you, but please contact me if you were in anyway unhappy with the job and I will do my best to rectify things.

If anyone else has any questuions or neesds to get in touch please contact me. Thanks.

Welcome to the funky world of carpet cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Nine months later and you get around to ringing someone...lol..

Anyway stay clear of the Fr*nk the cleaning doctor... he used the same water to clean our front room, then the stairs and landing and then our kids bedroom... the same water.... no filtration... and then he had the cheek to show me how dirty it was...'oh look how much dirt I got from your carpet...'

Yeah pity you transfered it from our front room to our kids bedroom!!!:mad:

Bruce, I have never had call to get carpets cleaned, yet! However when I do I will give Frank "The Cleaning Doctor" a shout as my very very good friend could not believe how good a job he did in his house and how professional he found the service. I also know Frank and know he is in this business a long time, he is also a sound man. I met him today and let him know about the post and then decided to just hilight to you that sweeping statements like "Don't use" can really damage a persons rep. There must be some sort of charter on this and Bobcar I am sure you would react if somone here was saying how braindead all the homebase staff were, and you are just an employee!

Ooops jsut saw Frank acted on what I said, anyhow my post stands!

Welcome to the Forum Frank, hope you stay.

Hi Frank, welcome to the forum.

I trust Blackiebests recommendation, could you PM me a quote for stairs and 2 bedrooms when you get a chance?

(To send a private message (PM) click on your name top right of screen and it should lead you through from there.)

I like "Welcome to the funky world of carpet cleaning" :p

Hi my name is Frank Finan and I am the cleaning doctor, I have never posted on here before and I hadn't heard of this site until two people told me about it and what was written here today.

I don't remember this particular job but my machine is an industrial one with a two tank sysytem you fill one tank with clean water as this water is used in the cleaning process it then goes to another tank for the dirty water. I can clean quite a lot of rooms in fact a very large house or a business premises without needing to refill the tank.

Hi Bruce sorry for not explaining the process to you, but please contact me if you were in anyway unhappy with the job and I will do my best to rectify things.

If anyone else has any questuions or neesds to get in touch please contact me. Thanks.

Welcome to the funky world of carpet cleaning.

:o:o
    Woops.... I guess they are right when they say a little knowledge is dangerous... or in my case being stupid is dangerous...... I was thinking of someone washing two cars with the same water..... didn't realise it had two tanks,,,,,

Sorry Frank... I wasn't there when you started and you probably explained it to the girlfriend.... I hold my head in shame at being wrong in my comments in my post:o:o.....I apologise and promise not to drink and post again.....

If a moderator is reading this... can a post be deleted? If so can you please delete my post on this thread??

Hey Frank... hope you get some business from Tequilamockingbird...

Again I apologise ..... stay with boards... lots of people looking for info and work done....:o:o

Bruce, I have never had call to get carpets cleaned, yet! However when I do I will give Frank "The Cleaning Doctor" a shout as my very very good friend could not believe how good a job he did in his house and how professional he found the service. I also know Frank and know he is in this business a long time, he is also a sound man. I met him today and let him know about the post and then decided to just hilight to you that sweeping statements like "Don't use" can really damage a persons rep. There must be some sort of charter on this and Bobcar I am sure you would react if somone here was saying how braindead all the homebase staff were, and you are just an employee!

Just realised how close in timing you and frank posted... must be very close friends :rolleyes:!!!

Anyway I was apologising to frank for wrongly describing my understanding of the operation of his machine... thats all.... I never said anything about the man himself... slight difference to your example...
    I am sure you would react if somone here was saying how braindead all the homebase staff were, and you are just an employee!

Moderator.... just a query....is one person allowed two accounts on Boards.ie..... not that it has anything to do with these posts:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:o:o
    Woops.... I guess they are right when they say a little knowledge is dangerous... or in my case being stupid is dangerous...... I was thinking of someone washing two cars with the same water..... didn't realise it had two tanks,,,,,

Sorry Frank... I wasn't there when you started and you probably explained it to the girlfriend.... I hold my head in shame at being wrong in my comments in my post:o:o.....I apologise and promise not to drink and post again.....

If a moderator is reading this... can a post be deleted? If so can you please delete my post on this thread??

Hey Frank... hope you get some business from Tequilamockingbird...

Again I apologise ..... stay with boards... lots of people looking for info and work done....:o:o

Hey Man Don't worry about it, error of omission on my part, by the way I am not blackiebest, but I guess he is one of the persons that told me about the original item.

Hi Frank, welcome to the forum.

I trust Blackiebests recommendation, could you PM me a quote for stairs and 2 bedrooms when you get a chance?

(To send a private message (PM) click on your name top right of screen and it should lead you through from there.)

I like "Welcome to the funky world of carpet cleaning" :p

I can't seem to message because I dont have enough posts, I am using a friends computer to post here becuse I am offline as I am in the middle of moving and I won't be able to get 25 posts up real quick.

PM is used for telephone numbers and the like but someone can PM you their number and you can get in touch- Bobcar

• Advertisement

Just realised how close in timing you and frank posted... must be very close friends :rolleyes:!!!

Anyway I was apologising to frank for wrongly describing my understanding of the operation of his machine... thats all.... I never said anything about the man himself... slight difference to your example...

Moderator.... just a query....is one person allowed two accounts on Boards.ie..... not that it has anything to do with these posts:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bruce, Genuinely I am not the cleaning doctor. I did meet him yesterday and as he is a friend since my Summerhill Days I thought I should let him know. I have no association with the Carpet cleaning business however I know how hard business is today, I know Frank has a young family and a mutual friend of both Frank and I used his services over 12 months ago and raved about the results on his carpets adn sofa! I was in town late afternoon when I met Frank, told him what had been said and told him what Boards.ie is.

He has made you an offer to try and rectify any work you may be unhappy with. I suggest if you are unhappy with his work you contact him. I note he has posted his mobile here. The timing of our posts is a fluke but considering he was heading home (Grange I think) and obviously it was on his mind at the time, as it was mine then it is an understandable fluke.

I have been posting on Boards since 2007, if you trawl my posts I suggest you will find NO association with the carpet cleaning business!

Bad reviews are fine when substantiated but from my understanding you might have had a misunderstanding of how his machine works and I appreciate you saying so.

I understand but do not appreciate you insinuating I am posting as Frank.

It is fine and undedrstandable to open a second account for sensitive reasons as many do over in PI (I think...???)

Advertisement