Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsflash: maybe life doesn't suck after all!

Options
  • 12-02-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Strolling through the Eyre Square shopping centre yesterday I made an audible squeak as I walked past the old Kylemore Cafe premises and saw huge posters of tasty juicy burgers advertising the imminent arrival of a Burger King in Galway. About freakin time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

About time indeed! Although I would much prefer if KFC were coming to Galway instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

KevR wrote: »
    About time indeed! Although I would much prefer if KFC were coming to Galway instead..

Thought Burger Kind and KFC were suppose to be sharing the old Kylemore cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I thought The Dirty Burger was going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

ronnie3585 wrote: »

"Those are my PERSONAL burgers Barb!"

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

If its BK then it is:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Thought Burger Kind and KFC were suppose to be sharing the old Kylemore cafe?

Really? I certainly hope so. KFC is probably my favourite fast food place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope it's better than the BK I had over the weekend in Limerick, which was an extremely bland chilli chicken.

Mmm, burger ic_burger.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DouglasWinthrow

this is the best thing ive ever read on this board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Good news alright, especially if it's both BK & KFC.

Seems strange they'd locate in a place that closes up so early though?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

It seems strange that it is in the middle of a Mall. I wonder if they will close up at 6pm like the rest of the shopping center, or will they leave the place open till late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Quit starin' at my gut!

Put a fu*king shirt on, Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Did it mention a date on the posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

EPIC WIN OP!!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The day it opens, I'm getting a brass band to play our former anthem, God Save the King.

"Send him victorious,
    Barbeque Angus,
    Long to sell onion rings,
    God save the King"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Oh yay more crap junk food....

I used to like BK but after my time in limerick I've gone off them. KFC are ok but still not the best.

But on the upside more jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I' suprised there not more people posting about how its a shame and hows its crap and blah blah blah...I posted a thread asking why we didn't have one about 3 years ago and a bunch of begrudger shat all over the thread

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I' suprised there not more people posting about how its a shame and hows its crap and blah blah blah...I posted a thread asking why we didn't have one about 3 years ago and a bunch of begrudger shat all over the thread

I would have supported that thread. I would have shat on a KFC thread though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

...guys, it's burger king

I mean, yeah, things are ****. The economy has contracted the ebola virus and is rapidly turning into liqiufied blood, tears and excrement; the government are a bunch of corrupt, backslapping, intellectually deficient arseholes who couldn't empty water from a boot with instructions printed on the bottom; a pint of your poison has never been more expensive (despite purchasing power tanking like a failboat); and on top of everything, the final and most insulting injury, the Irish team so narrowly missed (thank you, controversial decision by crap ref!) a humiliating defeat at the hands of that behemoth of football, Georgia, yesterday.

On second thought, grasp happiness where you can and all that. Yay!

Xiney wrote: »

Now you get it :D

You're probably right, I'll be all excited about getting the biggest whopper they have there and I'll probably never go back there. But at least I'll be happy for a while.

Now I feel like walking into town for a tasty burger...

big%20kahuna%20burger.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Meh. It'll be like when all the tittie bars opened and I didn't go to them either. Its never as good as when you can't get it...

'cptr

I would love if the new BK would stay open until 4 or 5am. It would be like outside Supermacs but indoor. You could get up to some adventures in the rest of the shopping centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

The adult in me is pleased and hungry.

The child in me is suicidal over what a fat bastard I've become.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was over in the states a while back and had the loaded steakhouse burger.
    Superyummy :D

steakburger.jpg

Drool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

that looks positively revolting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

...guys, it's burger king

I mean, yeah, things are ****. The economy has contracted the ebola virus and is rapidly turning into liqiufied blood, tears and excrement; the government are a bunch of corrupt, backslapping, intellectually deficient arseholes who couldn't empty water from a boot with instructions printed on the bottom; a pint of your poison has never been more expensive (despite purchasing power tanking like a failboat); and on top of everything, the final and most insulting injury, the Irish team so narrowly missed (thank you, controversial decision by crap ref!) a humiliating defeat at the hands of that behemoth of football, Georgia, yesterday.

Your last sentence was enough. Hooray for Burger King!...Hooray for a charcoal burger thats not Charcoal Grill, Kettle Of Fish(Nicer but a little pricey) or Scottys(way too expensive)... Hooray!!

Ya know even with the recession I think things are gonna be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssst fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

kayos wrote: »
    Oh yay more crap junk food....

I used to like BK but after my time in limerick I've gone off them. KFC are ok but still not the best.

But on the upside more jobs!
    You shouldn't let the food you got in Limerick put you off, murder victims are an acquired taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

I was in the burger king in the parkway shopping centre in limerick a few years ago enjoying a nice burger and some sham walked by me,stopped,examined my burger and said in a limerick accent "can you nt see the chewin gum in it"

put me off til now but im looking forward to giving it a second chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

that looks positively revolting :(

So does yer face!

Don't insult the burger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

burger king is pure muck. thats just my opinion tho

Advertisement