Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement

Options
  • 12-02-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

This is all new to me... I am moving from my partners house, most likely into rented accomadation. I have a 3 year old daughter, and I work 24 hrs a week, and pay a large creche bill.
    Do you think I would qualify for rent supplement?? and how do I go about it. Do I find a place to rent first??

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MissTF

Hi i also have a 3 year old daughter, i work a 22 hr week and as well as getting a reduced one parent family payment i get rent allowance. The amount you get is means tested but you should qualify for something. You need to go to your local community welfare officer and get some forms then find someone willing to accept the rent allowance, which is the hard part. Once you've foumd someone to accept it return the forms to get the ball rolling and you will also need to be on your local councils housing list before you can apply. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭la79

Hi,

Thank you for your responce, this is good to know, I am going to get sorted next week, and get things moving, I rang up a place to let yesterday, and he said he would not mind if it was supplimented as well. So that is a definete plus.

again thank you.

MissTF wrote: »
    Hi i also have a 3 year old daughter, i work a 22 hr week and as well as getting a reduced one parent family payment i get rent allowance. The amount you get is means tested but you should qualify for something. You need to go to your local community welfare officer and get some forms then find someone willing to accept the rent allowance, which is the hard part. Once you've foumd someone to accept it return the forms to get the ball rolling and you will also need to be on your local councils housing list before you can apply. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭la79

I have one other question....

When you are means tested, do they take into account creche fees, loans etc??

Advertisement