Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greytones Physio??

Options
  • 12-02-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi - I started running (new year and all that) I slipped really badly a few weeks ago at SMS Morris roundabout on the bloody ice. I was told a place on the main street "something" beach clinic is really good, but I can't find it. Have they moved or am I just blind??? My knee is still swollen and hip is sore now and can't get back out running. Any Help????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Frida O'Keefe at the Harbour Family Practise is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LouiseMcNa

Maybe that is the one, thought it was something to do with a beach! Assume its near the main street??
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Frida O'Keefe - 01 2877224

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Its the one thats combined with the doctor and dentsit.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

Maria Glover is a physical Therapist who I can really recommend. A lot of the Kilkoole athletics club members see her as she is a runner also. Her number is 086 3472292 which is advertised on the club website www.kilkooleac.com.

I can also recommend Mark from the Enniskerry Phsyio Centre. He's really excellent and worth the trip to.

My best advice though is to maybe see a doctor first to get a diagnosis and then follow it up with whatever treatment necessary. Physio can get really expensive and can sometimes be never ending!!

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

The place you're thinking of is "The south Beach Clinic". It's just above the Burnaby pub.

I'd differ from loopers in that I'd go to the physio directly. The doctor is going to cost again and is going to tell you to go to a physio anyway.

It is my bro, who works in the clinic in South Beach Clinic (just to make sure i'm disclosing all the information!). He works with the Rugby Club and Wicklow Tri Club and has done a couple of Marathons himself.

Hi Guys - Thanks for all the help, I took the advice of checking out with My Doctor, who said it is soft tissue damage and actually suggested the South Beach Clinc - its on the main St above Butlers pantry - But called and can't get in till next week as they are booked up. So may call the other Physios
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

LouiseMcNa wrote: »
    Hi Guys - Thanks for all the help, I took the advice of checking out with My Doctor, who said it is soft tissue damage and actually suggested the South Beach Clinc - its on the main St above Butlers pantry - But called and can't get in till next week as they are booked up. So may call the other Physios
    L

one other you could try is alex gleeson in spreac in kilcoole. he is very good for sports injurys using deep muscle massage etc. www.spreac.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

Hello,

Below is the url for The Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice:

http://www.cppp.ie

You can search for a Chartered Physio by name or area. Hope you're back to running and full fitness very soon.

Yea I called into one of the mentioned physios yesterday, but still no improvement, just asked where was it sore and had an electric thing put on my knee- told to stretch and ice. I got a booking in the South Beach place, They apparently look after a lot of the Rugby players - so going to see how that goes. If no luck there will try another one. All I want is to get back running!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hi Louise,

Depending on what their assessment shows up, they should hopefully do some soft tissue massage work for you, can also be incorporated into the stretching as part of the rehab. See how it goes, just make sure you're not going to one physio who's treating you with the magnetic machine and one who's treating hands on. The guy from the rugby club is meant to be very good

Oh and...alot of physios sue the machines to save the pressure being exerted on themselves if doing hands on treatments.

Good Luck!

Finally got out running yesterday - typical, rain came down as I was 5 mins into it. But glad ot get back out with my ipod again. I got a very good assesment first, then a treatment last week in the south beach clinic (2 treatments) I was told I could do a light run after the 2nd treatment on sat morn. No problems at all, he told me of a few clubs in the area so might join one of those. Fairly impressed with the rate of recovery. I have been in pain for weeks so thought it would take weeks. Worth checking him out www.southbeachclinic.ie Going to aim for the Womens marathon, then see how I go.!!!!:)

Advertisement