Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMOS Battery clip holder broken

Options
  • 12-02-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

I was messing the CMOS battery, trying to get it out and I accidently broke one of the 4 plastic clips that hold it down. I'm looking for suggestions to fix this, firstly, I was thinking of super gluing the clip back on, sounds dodgy, don't think this can be soldered as it's plastic to plastic. Is there any other way I can hold this down?

Nothing happens with the PC without CMOS? Is this correct behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Is it pure plastic? Bit of superglue or duct tape should do fine.

Or you could email the manufacturer and ask for a replacement holder if you fancy a bit of soldering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I did something similar on a laptop before and ended up jamming a bit of broken match in between the battery and holder.

I had previosly tried tape but it kept coming off or else stretching enough for the battery to break contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Noviceman

thanks, it is plastic to plastic, might try the glue and leave the bloody thing in then, don't really fancy soldering, might bring some duct tape also...

Advertisement