Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin Day Lecture

Options
  • 12-02-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Today at 6pm, theatre A in the Science Hub, our very own Prof. Tom Hayden will be giving a lecture about C. Darwin and how he came up with his theory, in the context of the evidence he had at the time.

Hayden I know from experience is a fantastic speaker, and he apparently rocked when he gave this same lecture to the Irish Skeptics Society. If you're interested, come along, all welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

i was thinking about going but i had other plans in th.b after Tom stole th.a from us lol,
    was it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 charlietangodel

Apparently Tom lectured for an hour and forty five minutes! Hardcore! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Science damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

It was both highly entertaining and highly informative, although in the second half he started talking a little less about Darwin and a little more about evolution. 100 minutes, and he was talking very quickly!

Advertisement