Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Plasterboard fixings

Options
  • 12-02-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

does anyone have any more information on these?
    I need to fix some plasterboard into window reveals where there are no battens and the plasterboard will be sitting against a vapour barrier so I cant dab it on.

I cant seem to find any info on them (google, screwfix etc)

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Greebro

Check out mastic called Tec 7 will stick anything to anything mighty stuff
    Heatherview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

If you have a block behind the vapour barrier then you could try the metal mushroom fixings. But this would require an 8mm hole in a couple of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yeah those mushroom fixings are the ones Im looking for, but I dont seem to be able to source them anywhere?
    Is there a technical term for them? :)
    tbh Im not too worried about a couple of holes in the vapour barrier, Ive taped all the staples but the plasterboard is going to be screwed over them everwhere anyway so....

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Greebo most good builders providers - chadwicks, brooks etc will do the mushroom fixings. If you still have no luck try etag fixings - 018357424

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I seen them in Clearys in kilcock. They 100% have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

Try Tucks, http://tucksfasteners.ie/home/Home_19307.html i didnt get a chance to check the site but no matter what i have ever gone looking for, they have always had.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey lads,
    assuming that this is them I got them in chadwicks today.
    I also got some nylon ones for comparisons sale, at €0.32 each I wasnt too worried about cost :)

So usage is, drill 8mm hole through board and into wall at least 40mm. Then hammer home? do I need to worry about dimpling the plasterboard surface for skimming?

Cheers,
    P.

Anyone?

Advertisement