Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena considers Orton the "Best performer of his generation"

• 12-02-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Good interview here.

Cena is honest, i dont think you could say Shoot interview seeing as he doesnt have a character as such.

One of the most interesting points is how he speaks about Randy Orton:
    Randy Orton has been on an incredible roll as of late. I know that you and Randy came up together. Did the two of you ever sit around in Ohio Valley Wrestling and say, “One day, we’ll be headlining WrestleMania?”
    No. As a matter of fact, when we were in OVW, we thought we wouldn’t make it out of Kentucky. I don’t want to say we were two lost souls, but we were surrounded by talent that was one of the greatest developmental units to ever be assembled. I think WWE started the developmental system in the mid ’90s, and that class of 2000 through ’02 I think is the most successful that has ever been. We were literally just two average guys among some very gifted performers, and never once did we think we’d be headlining WrestleMania.
    What do you think about Orton’s performances recently?
    I’ve said this before and I said this before his – what is this, his fifth or sixth “breakout?” – that he is the best guy we’ve got. He is certainly the best performer of my generation.

He also speaks about The Marine 2, 12 Rounds, The Rock and turning heel.

Link:
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/2009/02/qa_with_john_cena.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

He is right. Orton is the #1 asset in WWE today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

You gotta love Cena - he tells it how it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I've always thought of Orton being a bit .... bland.

Advertisement