Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Painter - 3 Bed House - Cost??

Options
  • 12-02-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Folks,

What could i expect to pay a professional painter to paint the inside of a 3 bed house? Ceilings, walls, doors, and door frames needs to be painted.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

it realy depends on the size and condition of hose but presuming preparation work is standard giving every thing 2 coats and supplying all materials l,d say around €2250 ..

l have seen ads for full houses from €1650 but to be honest with those prices seem very cheap to me..

its like l've seen a post on here saying that a nissan garage is offering services for €99.
    theres no way a garage can afford to do a service that cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭henry hill

robbie1977 wrote: »
    it realy depends on the size and condition of hose but presuming preparation work is standard giving every thing 2 coats and supplying all materials l,d say around €2250 ..

l have seen ads for full houses from €1650 but to be honest with those prices seem very cheap to me..

its like l've seen a post on here saying that a nissan garage is offering services for €99.
    theres no way a garage can afford to do a service that cheap.

Thanks for the reply. The house is in fair order. Magnolia on walls now and they're to be painted magnolia again (2 coats may not be needed everywhere). Plenty of decoraters chalk required though on doorframes etc.

I was thinkin E2000-E1500 originally. To be honest, i think i'm gonna do it myself. If i take my time i should be fine :o

A few bob saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

yea magnolia everywhere would be cheaper alright.

when your using the decorators caulk use a damp cloth
    to remove excess caulk and it will be a much neater job.

should you need any advice on anything dont hesitate to pm me
    and l'l be glad to help.

good luck.

Advertisement