Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do many shops take the Euro?

Options
  • 12-02-2009 6:24pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭

Well all. Ill be traveling up to Belfast next month, might do a bit of shopping while im there.
    Do many shops take the Euro at a 1:1 exchange rate?

ie. Paying €20 for a £20 item.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

maybe

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I hate you Kev.

But the question still stands!

Surely after 20 or so views someone can answer me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

shirley,you could just ring a shop in the north and ask them........Get their version of the golden pages and knock yourself out.

I could, but dont call me Shirley!

And I question the capability of the UK version of a Golden Pages to knock someone out, granted its quite heavy, but to knock yourself out with it would be awful hard, if not impossible (for me at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

tbh, not a lot of shops in Belfast will accept Euro and if they do it's usually at that day's exchange rate. It's mostly in the border towns that the offer 1:1. having said that even if you do change your moeny to come up shopping to Belfast you'll still find things work out a lot cheaper up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Well all. Ill be traveling up to Belfast next month, might do a bit of shopping while im there.
    Do many shops take the Euro at a 1:1 exchange rate?

ie. Paying €20 for a £20 item.

Cheers

Very few, if any, will.

FYI, it's worth paying by credit card or in sterling cash.

Cheers guys. Might do with getting some sterling, depending on what im thinking of buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

I'm sure many prices are cheaper but if someone goes to Belfast and buys things because they are cheap (not beacause they need the items), then it's a complete waste of money and totally false economy.

Advertisement