Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will your team win the title?

• 12-02-2009 6:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rafa today has insisted Villa are in the title race, Wenger has still not ruled Arsenal out of the title race, Man Utd are still the favourites, Chelsea arent saying they are out of the hunt under their new man and Liverpool fans seem often split on if Rafa can deliever the title despite currently being in 2nd.

However do you actually believe your club will win the title?
    (not can they)

I dont think Villa will win it tbh and id say fans will be more honest than people who's job depends on how well they preform, so this poll could be interesting to see what people truely believe, especially seing as this only regards their own teams chances. For that same reason this thread shouldent end up in arguements as fans arent saying how they think other teams will do.

Will your team win the league? 50 votes

Liverpool fan - Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Liverpool fan - No
    8% 4 votes
    Man Utd fan - Yes
    18% 9 votes
    Man Utd fan - No
    46% 23 votes
    Chelsea fan - Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Chelsea fan - No
    0% 0 votes
    Aston Villa fan - Yes
    4% 2 votes
    Aston Villa fan - No
    4% 2 votes
    Arsenal fan - Yes
    16% 8 votes
    Arsenal fan - No
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

villa fan - no chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

Utd. will probably win it every year until Ferguson goes senile. Mourinho has been the only one to put it up to him, especially where the mind games come to it.

Liverpool look just a world class player or two short, and are gettin too many draws, but the closer they hang in there the more they'll begin to believe.. and belief is probably the number 1 ingredient needed.

Ahh poor Chelsea, i really hope Hiddink can work some magic, i reckon we've got the only squad good enough to challenge.

Cant see villa doing it this year, but hope they get a CL place (not at our expense :eek:). O'Neill is 'da man'

Wenger seems to be a bit short of spending money to do it, that might change over the coming years.. loss of flamini was a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hells no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm kinda hoping Villa win it, just a little :)

I do however think United will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

PHB wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping Villa win it, just a little :)

I do however think United will win it.

:eek: We'd have to be way out of the running before I'd ever say anything like that.

However if we're not going to win this year then I think I'd like to see Villa win, it'd be good for the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,723 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Evra and Rooney back shortly

United to win by 11+ points.
    Craft25 wrote: »
    Utd. will probably win it every year until Ferguson goes senile.

:D LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Craft25 wrote: »
    Utd. will probably win it every year until Ferguson goes senile. Mourinho has been the only one to put it up to him, especially where the mind games come to it.

Ehh............Arsene Wenger has been more of a rival to United than Mourinho ever was !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Boggles wrote: »
    Evra and Rooney back shortly

United to win by 11+ points.

:D LOL :D

Love the sig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Would love to say we(Villa) could win it but i think we are in too many competitions to have a chance but you never know:).

If it was contested without Man Utd we would probably win it but sadly life isnt so fair:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The way i see it, it's Utd's to lose. They have the squad and the experience!

Hopefully, Liverpool can push them all the way. I don't want to see us falling off. We have a a few tough games coming up, but hopefully we can continue the way the season has gone and keep picking up points.

Villa, well it's not gonna happen. But without doubt, they are in a title challenge. They've been brilliant this year. Haven't been beaten since November, i think. Absolute quality. O' Neill, proving once again what a remarkable manager he is.

Chelsea, they were going nowhere under Scolari for whatever reason. Hiddink gives them a great chance of catching up if others above them start to drop points.

Arsenal - absolute no chance. Should pretty much just concentrate on getting a Champions league spot which is much more of a priority under the current economic conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just to clarify, this pole is exclusively for fans of the current top five clubs in the Premier League and the rest of us don't matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Manchester Utd 1/5
    Liverpool 9/2
    Aston Villa 16/1
    Chelsea 16/1
    Arsenal 100/1

Ladbrokes market.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just to clarify, this poll is exclusively for fans of the current top five clubs in the Premier League and the rest of us don't matter?

Well, when hull city reach the top 5, and have a shot at winning the premier league, we'll talk

Eh, like its quite clear that nobody outside that group is going to win the League, I suppose if you look carefully at the pole and then look back at my question you will understand what I'm asking. The poll is exclusive to fans of those clubs unless I'm seeing something thats not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Well, when hull city reach the top 5, and have a shot at winning the premier league, we'll talk

I think he means that the poll options exclude him from voting because he isn't a fan of a top five team, not because his team isn't in contention to win the premiership :)

4 minutes too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Villa fan - no way we'll win it.

What Villa fan voted yes?!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Eh, like its quite clear that nobody outside that group is going to win the League, I suppose if you look carefully at the pole and then look back at my question you will understand what I'm asking. The poll is exclusive to fans of those clubs unless I'm seeing something thats not there.

well the title is "Will YOUR team win the league" if there is a fan from any team that i didnt list that thinks there team will win the league im sorry but i also believe your deluded.

Weve had polls before about who the board thought would win the league this is more to gauge the confidence of the different sets of fans, the people who should know how capable the side they follow are.

There wont be a winner in this poll but it could show things especially as its WILL they win the title not can they. for instance:

atm 100% of united fans that have voted think the will win it.
    only 1 of 8 villa fans actually think them they will do it (wonder were they joking).
    There are imo 2 deluded Arsenal fans thinking the title will be Wengers, although only 5 have voted maybe more agree:eek:.
    and Liverpool fans are split with most thinking this wont be their year but not all, one third of the pool vote atm things the lague title will be theirs it appears.

well the title is "Will YOUR team win the league" if there is a fan from any team that i didnt list that thinks there team will win the league im sorry but i also believe your deluded.

I'll take that to mean that any fan who believes their team will win the League outside of these teams is deluded.
    I'd say Arsenal being in that poll is delusional for a start.
    Weve had polls before about who the board thought would win the league this is more to gauge the confidence of the different sets of fans, the people who should know how capable the side they follow are.

There wont be a winner in this poll but it could show things especially as its WILL they win the title not can they. for instance:
    Fair enough, pity you didn't explain that in the op and I would not have had to bother posting.
    atm 100% of united fans that have voted think the will win it.
    only 1 of 8 villa fans actually think them they will do it (wonder were they joking).
    There are imo 2 deluded Arsenal fans thinking the title will be Wengers, although only 5 have voted maybe more agree:eek:.
    and Liverpool fans are split with most thinking this wont be their year but not all, one third of the pool vote atm things the lague title will be theirs it appears.

Why have you put Arsenal in the poll? whats the point of that if all you are going to do is point out how desusional they are. Surely you are looking at the confidence of fans who have a realistic chance of winning the league.

And finally there is nothing wrong with fans fully believing that their team will win it, like the players at the club have to if they are maintain their high standard of performance.
    And us other fans have opinions on who we believe WILL win the League as well.
    Personally if I was a fan of any of the top four clubs right now I would believe that my team are going to win the League, and why not they are right in contention, you should not be looking at history to decide if that will happen. Live in the present and you have to believe your team can win it if you are up there at this stage. They have all shown the form to do it. I personally believe that Liverpool will beat United again this season and that would cut the gap to two points giving United a win in their game in hand. I believe that Villa have made the purchase necessary in January to maintain a title push. Chelsea have a new manager, who knows how things could change there now with a squad of world class talent at his disposal.

Whats the whole point of catching these results?

I mean you have people voting in the poll who don't even support some of those clubs. You also have people choosing not to vote rather than admit what they truly believe. You also have delusional fans who are voting for the favourites who would vote for them if they were fifteen points behind at this stage.

There is no way that this is going to gauge anything other than what you will see posted in the match threads, club threads etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just to clarify, this pole is exclusively for fans of the only clubs with a chance in hell of actually winning the Premier League and the rest of us don't matter.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Obviously I want United to win it, but it would also be great to see another team like Villa properly gatecrash the top 3.

Advertisement