Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myasthenia gravis (ragdoll illness)

Options
  • 12-02-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

anyone suffer from this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

don't think there are too many people in ireland who suffer from it. i think it's under 100 or something?

there is an MG association in ireland that will send you out newsletters regularly. just can't remember the address for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I do

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karenmga

Hi,

To find out more about Myasthenia Gravis please see the Association's website www.mga-charity.ie

They support over 400 people in Ireland with the illness but there are many more who are not on their database.
    The Association provides support to those who have MG, their carers and also the medical profession as it is difficult to diagnose.
    Please email info@mga-charity.ie to get an info pack in the post and info on how to get your medication free of charge etc.

Also a facebook page at Myasthenia Gravis, Ireland.

Hope this helps!

don't think there are too many people in ireland who suffer from it. i think it's under 100 or something?

there is an MG association in ireland that will send you out newsletters regularly. just can't remember the address for it!

i have been ill since last august and was dianosed with tias or mini strokes.i was a wreck.i could not talk proper,eat ,water going down my chin.trouble swallowing.then dr paton my eye consultant done a blood test which came back positive for myasthenia gravis.i am now on tablets and awaiting neurology.thankk my Lord for dr paton .thanks

i was diagnosed feb 2012 with this disease,in nov 2012 i had my chest opened and a mass removed from my thymus.i still sleep after doing little activity,but thank God i am getting there ,though ive was told by my consultant and surgeon that it could take up to 2 to 4 years to get there.it is a good name,that is ragdoll,for thats how i feel.by the way when i was in the Heath Hospital,on nov12th my wife came there on the 20th and had a quadrable bypass.she is my life ,but she is doing fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Karenmga

Great to hear you are doing so well now. If you need any further information or if you haven't already been in touch with MGA you can do so to get all the support you need by emailing info@mga-charity.ie
    Also there is a fantastic private facebook group where it's just all MG patients and none of your friends can see the posts there. If you want to have a look the page is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mgaireland/

Keep up the recovery! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

A relative of mine has it - he ended up having a massive heart attack last year as he did not think that it was a big deal - it really needs to be looked after and taken seriously.

Advertisement