Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore Road - Roadworks

• 12-02-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Whats the story with the roadworks on the Dunmore road that were due to start today? What are they up to, and what kind of disruption are we expecting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Think its only ment tolast a few days and heard that they're doing work on the footpath.However saying that I stilll haven't heard anything solid on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Due to start today but saw no sign of anything myself

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

As listed on AA Roadwatch ::

From Thurs 12th Feb until mid March works take place on the Dunmore Rd at the Viewmount Estate from 9am-5pm

Concrete pours will take place between 7 - 7:30am.
    This is to facilitate footpath reconstruction.
    Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times.
    Bus routes will be maintained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

As listed on AA Roadwatch ::

From Thurs 12th Feb until mid March works take place on the Dunmore Rd at the Viewmount Estate from 9am-5pm

Concrete pours will take place between 7 - 7:30am.
    This is to facilitate footpath reconstruction.
    Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times.
    Bus routes will be maintained.

About time. That footpath on the outside of Viewmount has been a long time coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

gscully wrote: »
    About time. That footpath on the outside of Viewmount has been a long time coming!
    There has been a footpath there since before Viewmount was built. :) They are just modernising it for all the newbies.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

jmcc wrote: »
    There has been a footpath there since before Viewmount was built. :) They are just modernising it for all the newbies.

Regards...jmcc
    these would be like the Farmleigh Vista newbies as compared to the command prompt folks of Viewmount :p

... you think I'm not paying attention J :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

They should realign the road outside Viewmount while they're at it...

wellbutty wrote: »
    They should realign the road outside Viewmount while they're at it...
    It was part of the city plan. They even got some gob****e consultants from Dublin waffling about having the bus service running every ten minutes and with the buses having smartcard payment systems (nice buzzword loaded idea but I don't think that they understood the logistics and technology of a smartcard based payments system). The plan, posted a few years ago, even had the lower end of Viewmount being gouged out for a bus turning section and the front wall of Viewmount being sliced off and moved back inwards with the road widened with cycle lanes being added. The real problem - the actual causes of the traffic problems on the Dunmore Road (the jams at Lombard Street and the Park Road) were not even mentioned from what I remember. Hopefully this is just the resurfacing of the footpath.

Regards...jmcc

old gregg wrote: »
    these would be like the Farmleigh Vista newbies as compared to the command prompt folks of Viewmount :p
    Well things are different in Old Viewmount. Is Farmleigh the name of one of those roads up the back? ;)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

jmcc wrote: »

Regards...jmcc

Oh I know...I've run up it plenty of times! Bloody dangerous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement