Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Capri or similar?

Options
  • 12-02-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

:DI'm looking for a Ford Capri for my fiancee, he's a mechanic but hasn't been working on cars for a good while (take the jobs ya can get!) but he really misses fixing up cars and his little projects. Any year, any colour, if you know where I can get one or even a similar type of car please, please let me know...
    A couple of snags, i've spent most evenings trawling the internet and car mags but can't find one thats suitable for repairing within my budget which brings me to my second snag, my budgets about E1500..
    Thanks for Reading! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Where you frm? I might have something that would suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chirpy

Sligo but would be able to travel to collect it...

Okay, in Carlow myself. Have an '82 Capri GT4 1600.
    Its in bits & pieces in various sheds & is part restored already.
    Your boyfriend would need to be handy with a welding torch/spraygun etc with this one though.
    I took it on, mainly cos it's a rare model & almost uniquely for a Mk3 Capri, it's on the original type Irish plates.
    I'm not THAT into selling it, but for the right money AND the right buyer, a deal could be done.
    Intrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

1500 wont get you much apart from trouble with a capri. spend more, buy a more solid example (IMO of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

..almost uniquely for a Mk3 Capri, it's on the original type Irish plates...
    Yes,they are quite rare now,thats why im holding onto mine..:)
    Id like to see a few pics of the GT4 if you have time to post or PM some.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sure thing. I'll do that as soon as I can. Need to get the hang of this new fangled type technology first though, lol.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chirpy

How much would you want for it? what welding needs to be done?

Tell you what, I'll PM you my details & you can give me a shout.

Advertisement