Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refusing sale to school students due to short supply

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

drkpower wrote: »
    No......
    Why dont people think before posting - a simple reflection on daily life would have immediately revealed this to be incorrect or at least would have prompted a pause for thought.

A Minor IS FULLY LEGALLY ENTITLTED TO enter into a contract for necessaries; "necessaries" are "goods suitable to the condition in life of [a minor] .... and to his actual requirements at the time of the sale and delivery".
    Coke is not a necessity.

I'm not saying retailers don't sell to minors, I'm just saying they don't have to. None of this Equality Authority messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

snappieT wrote: »
    Coke is not a necessity.

I'm not saying retailers don't sell to minors, I'm just saying they don't have to. None of this Equality Authority messing.

Coke contains sugar, and therefore could be a necessity for someone with diabetes who needs to get their sugar levels up. I know the retailer is not responsible, im just making a small point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

snappieT wrote: »
    Coke is not a necessity.

Stop digging....
    And stop being disingenuous...
    Read the definition of "necessities" i posted - it doesnt mean what a layman means by necessary.

Stop digging....
    And stop being disingenuous...
    Read the definition of "necessities" i posted - it doesnt mean what a layman means by necessary.
    I'm not being disingenuous. That's the meaning I was taught.

But nevermind, I appear to have been proven wrong. Congratulations. Perhaps you can learn to use some courtesy the next time you're making a logical argument. You don't need to be condescending or SHOUT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

think the op is better off boycotting the shop involved and maybe also this thread?

• Advertisement

OK, the thread went a bit off topic, but...
    Schoolkids won't be able to boycott. We tried it when I went to school, and everyone's addiction for hot chicken rolls won through. Speaking to the manager is the best idea here. Perhaps something in the school newspaper if there is on.
    If I were in his position, I'd be grabbing trays of cans from a wholesaler (or sixpacks from tesco) and flogging them directly outside the shop.

Advertisement