Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan to Play Comedy Club Friday 20th

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

Only got a phone call about it last night when a friend saw the poster. Was in the cellar today and all their tickets were sold out already.

Managed to get some for me and my friends luckily, and now its sold out!

Anyone else going? Personally I thought 17.50e was cheap enough considering the prices of tickets for his last shows were in the 30e bracket!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

No way!! :(

Didn't even know it was happening :mad:

Any chance of a ticket going spare?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

When I left Bar 903 15 minutes ago, there was four tickets left...the LAST four!

If you run.........

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

Aaargh so wouldn't get there even if i had magic powers :(

Oh well if you here af any going spare give us a shout!!

Hope it's a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Why dont you just buy one his first two dvd's... it'l be cheaper and a whole lot funnier.
    Give me the 17 euro and il shout loud profanities at you for 2 hours!

keep an eye out here over the next week, post a thread saying your looking for a ticket!

thats how i got my last golden ticket for a sold out gig! God bless you fellow boardsies!!! :D

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    Why dont you just buy one his first two dvd's... it'l be cheaper and a whole lot funnier.

not a fan eh?!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

not a fan eh?!! :)
    Was a big fan a few years ago...but walked out the last time I saw him play about 2 years ago in Longford. He has forsaken his ability to be actually funny to being controversial...he just comes across as a dcikhead nowadays

Was a big fan a few years ago...but walked out the last time I saw him play about 2 years ago in Longford. He has forsaken his ability to be actually funny to being controversial...he just comes across as a dcikhead nowadays

wow..last tim ei saw him, it was in Castlebar and it was on the Loose tour few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm with LowOdour on this one...I worked in the Comedy club in the gpo many years ago and loved when Tommy Tiernan came for a show, he was brilliant back then.. Now i'd rather set fire to myself than sit through one of his show's.

wow... guess things have changed since i last saw him.

I imagine i will report back with my findings after Friday! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Only got a phone call about it last night when a friend saw the poster. Was in the cellar today and all their tickets were sold out already.

Managed to get some for me and my friends luckily, and now its sold out!

Anyone else going? Personally I thought 17.50e was cheap enough considering the prices of tickets for his last shows were in the 30e bracket!

:)

Id rather stick a pitchfork in my eye than go to see him.

Dont rate him tbh as a stand up comedian.

Rate him as a prat though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

For me, he stopped being funny at least 5 years ago - just seems to be an arrogant controversy courting monkey these days.

It irritates me the way he curses his way through every set - though to be honest, its been a long time since I've seen him, wouldn't waste my cash.

Did anyone leave Friday night's gig, or was he 'behaving' himself for a change?

buzz55 wrote: »
    For me, he stopped being funny at least 5 years ago - just seems to be an arrogant controversy courting monkey these days.

It irritates me the way he curses his way through every set - though to be honest, its been a long time since I've seen him, wouldn't waste my cash.

Did anyone leave Friday night's gig, or was he 'behaving' himself for a change?

Havent heard anything but then he was only MC'ing so who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Hey all,

I'm stranded in Dubllin so I have two tickets going if anyone wants to take them.
    17.50 I think is the face value.

I'll be online for the evening so drop me a PM if you want to take them.
    Tickets can be collected In shantalla 2 mins walk from cookes corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yeah,he is fairly weak live.

Advertisement