Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An irish based anime needs your help

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Friends Romans and so on my name is Zantem hello one and all and i am glad to see so many anime lovers in ireland .I am here for one reason first off forgive my horrible spelling Deselxia is a curse.Well as i say i am here for one reason i am unding and directing a new anime that well be based in ireland hopefully lol and i already have a wonderfull set of artests and so on however you never can have to many

What i am here looking for is on the 21 Of this month in just over a weeks time i am having a meething of membersw who might be interested in helping with art and story scripts and just anime lovers in general who can tell us if we have anything in our idea to be honest.This weekend thing well be held in athlone and as many of you are welcome to come as you wish most of us are about the age of 18 myself inculded <Recession be dammed I have money >

There well be free food and so on that well be at my expence and for those of you who would need to travel long distances we can orgenise sleeping arangements.Look this is a chance for you to maybe become a part of something we all love and i am mearly offering you that my real name is Evan and i would love nothing more then to get as much help as we can .No one well be turned away and everyone wel;l be given credit and who knows if this idea takes off money as well

My number is 0863380280 if anything is interested call me or message me here

What i am offering here is one chance to be able to be involved in an anime lol well if you are interested as i have said text call or message and so on we well hope to see loads there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Good idea to have it outside of Dublin. Limits the risk of colony drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Zantem

Well the real reason is we did not know how long it would take so it has to be help in someone house and so on so we do not have to pay rent lol If you are interested man by all means come along

Also the point has been made to me no this anime though it is made in ireland well have nothing to do with Irish language i would not subject people to that amount of crap lol

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Zantem wrote: »
    have nothing to do with Irish language i would not subject people to that amount of crap lol

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440174

Right ok one i HATE the irish language once more forgive my spelling i do not think it serves a point forgive me that is only what i think.When i was a child i was thaught German and Japenese and i think i am better off for it

Look i have nothing agenst irish i just do not like it just to point it out this anime well be in engish to go for a target group we are looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

If you hate the Irish language so much, why don't you leave and go to Japan or Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Friends Romans and so on my name is Zantem hello one and all and i am glad to see so many anime lovers in ireland .I am here for one reason first off forgive my horrible spelling Deselxia is a curse.Well as i say i am here for one reason i am unding and directing a new anime that well be based in ireland hopefully lol and i already have a wonderfull set of artests and so on however you never can have to many

Not wishing to throw water on your idea but what training/background do you have in animation? Are you aware of long it take to make even a short 5 min piece? Or the cost - you say you have money but do you really know how much it costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Varkov wrote: »
    If you hate the Irish language so much, why don't you leave and go to Japan or Germany?

Or he could just live in some other country where no-one speaks Irish.

Like Ireland, for example.

No to be fair the reason i am hopeing to do this anime in English is beacouse it is the target market for the product lol anyone who has ever done business well know.I think we are getting off topic this is a big deal and to answer another quesition of course i know how much money it is and we are talking about thousends if not more and i am welling to pump it in to make these dream come true as it were

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

to answer another quesition of course i know how much money it is and we are talking about thousends if not more and i am welling to pump it in to make these dream come true as it were

To do correctly Its a hell of lot more then thousands and its not just the money but the skill, equipment and space. If you've got that money to burn why not get in touch with one of the animation studios and hire them to work on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Right ok one i HATE the irish language once more forgive my spelling i do not think it serves a point forgive me that is only what i think.When i was a child i was thaught German and Japenese and i think i am better off for it

Look i have nothing agenst irish i just do not like it just to point it out this anime well be in engish to go for a target group we are looking for

Fair enough. Good luck with the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Straightly: list out what You have till now (storyline, artists, tools etc.) and then maybe more people would get interested.

Advertisement