Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is everyone in Aus?

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Where are fellow posters living in Aus? im thinking of going myself so just wondering where people here are living.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Newtown Sydney .... I think at one stage there were a few of us living near
    I know pucan(??) lives near me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Living in Melbourne. There's a good few boardsies here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

hussey wrote: »
    Newtown Sydney .... I think at one stage there were a few of us living near
    I know pucan(??) lives near me anyway

Same. Newtown, Sydney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Where are fellow posters living in Aus? im thinking of going myself so just wondering where people here are living.

Hmm shouldnt you be asking what your looking for in a spot ? God knows what some of us here consider a good place to be is.

For me its all about lack of gun laws ,cheap alchol and a good acceptance of man love when can we expect you over?

Que Deliverance music ..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Brisbane. Nice spot. But in hindsight I might have gone for Sydney,a s I love the bustle. But Bris is nice. It's more Galway than Dublin, and lots of people love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Brisbane. Nice spot. But in hindsight I might have gone for Sydney,a s I love the bustle. But Bris is nice. It's more Galway than Dublin, and lots of people love it.

Oh ok lived in Galway for ages loved it, yeah im thinking of checking out Brisbane first, not a big fan of big cities mind would prefer a smaller city. Ive been looking at places like Townsville, Toowomba, Mackay, Wagga Wagga(love the name) and Hobart, Ive actually narrowed in down to this lot, just really want a nice place where i can get a feel for Aussie life meet and be friends with the locals, find a regular local pub and just bascially have a good time. As i said i prefer samller places and im not really into the backpacking thing, so has anyone been to the places i have mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Perth, WA

It's where all the cool kids hang out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

I'm in Melbourne, in Elsternwick/Elwood area. Living in Mellers just over 3 years with my Aussie husband.
    We're currently looking at moving to Sydney to see how we like it there for a few years. We have a house here so can come back if we don't like it easy enough.

Townsville,

If it's good enough for Robbie Fowler....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have mates who live in Townsville. It's quite a nice spot - definitely small town feel to it. Plenty of pubs etc, plus you'll get to know people quickly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Same. Newtown, Sydney.

Where about? I'm the st peters end of Newtown

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

In Melbourne too. I'm currently interviewing for a company based here and in Brisbane so could be on the move up there shortly, depending on where they want me. Football season is just about to start here though, so might try stay for that, I expect big things from Carlton this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Im in Melbourne

Here a picture of me down in Torquay:

emustinger.jpg

Whatcha think of my t1ts?

Im in Melbourne

Here a picture of me down in Torquay:

Whatcha think of my t1ts?

I always though you were a guy Brenda. Must be the extra 'n' in your name! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

haha

Melbourne buddy.... anyone live in north fitzroy i see no irish up these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Sorry OCH, its a minge i do be packin :p
    Mobooo wrote: »
    haha

Melbourne buddy.... anyone live in north fitzroy i see no irish up these parts

Brunswick street is the gay cen-traal of Melbourne. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Its Brenda N Smith and I hear she is a top sheila :D

I am in M Town but starting to feel the pull back to Europe. Might take a sabbatical back there (Spain in particular) where my parents live and have property.
    Brunswick street is the gay cen-traal of Melbourne. FACT
    First I heard of it. Commercial Road / South Yarra is where the boys hang out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

coogee sydney , beautiful place indeed , the beach i find better than bondi , bondi is too busy and rush rush , all is good at the moment except the weather !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Perth but not sure for how long though. Not a bad spot though. Kinda big town feel to the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Oh ok lived in Galway for ages loved it, yeah im thinking of checking out Brisbane first, not a big fan of big cities mind would prefer a smaller city. Ive been looking at places like Townsville, Toowomba, Mackay, Wagga Wagga(love the name) and Hobart, Ive actually narrowed in down to this lot, just really want a nice place where i can get a feel for Aussie life meet and be friends with the locals, find a regular local pub and just bascially have a good time. As i said i prefer samller places and im not really into the backpacking thing, so has anyone been to the places i have mentioned?

Man, I worked in mackay for a few months, covering their staff shortages. There's a good reason why they have staff shortages!!! Everyone from outside who came to work there couldn't wait to leave. Nice people actually, but just nothing to do. There's a few nice spots locally, but after a few months you just feel isolated.

Townsville is pretty small, too. But you get some fresh blood coming through pretty regularly, as people travel through it.

But the problem with most of the spots you mention is the isolation. They're hours from anywhere else. Having said that, you don't have to stay if you don't like them I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Brizzy only looks like a big city when you gete here 1st and see the high rise.
    After a while you find out it is just a big town.

I would try Brizzy 1st and if it is too "city like" then try some of your other options, the ones I have been to such as TVille and Hobart, are at a stretch, barely big towns when you get down to it.

Galway would have a hell of a lot more going on than those too. Toowoomba

< shudders at the thought :( >

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

hussey wrote: »
    Where about? I'm the st peters end of Newtown

Yeah st.Peters end. Same street as Botany view hotel.

Advertisement