Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found in Maynooth

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

A neighbour of hours noticed a greyhound hanging around our street for the last few days. Looked totally underfed and in bad condition so they fed it. He's now resident in their shed and looking a little better.
    Animal shelter can't collect him until next week.
    She's a lovely quiet dog who seems to have had a rough time of it and needs some tlc. Would love if we could find her owner or if someone would be interested in taking her, rather than the prospect of vet sending her to doggy heaven.
    Pm me if your interested or if you know someone looking for a lovely brown greyhound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

There is a group that sends ex-racing greyhounds to Czech Republic, where they are homed by Czech people. Greyhounds are very sought after in Czech.

I saw a program on RTE about it

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0305/greyhounds.html

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Drove her (now called Gill) out to the lovely lady in paws. we decided dog needed a trip to vet because she was in such bad condition. She's spending the night there and then she's going to paws. She's more than likely gonna get to travel abroad too as they rehouse loads of their dogs in europe. Nice to have a happy ending as i doubt this poor dog had much of a life up until now. Its horrific what some people will do to an animal! thanks for all the help smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Shouldn't there be a dedicated lost pets thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

apologies. there is, learned this after i had started the thread here. just posted an update for previous poster to thank them for their suggestion. will stick to correct forum in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

wtf???

how dare you open a thread about my mam!!!!

the feckin cheek of you!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement