Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is the best photo ever posted here.

• 12-02-2009 9:07pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

3274288179_074eeba148.jpg

Congrats all, I expect another one shortly (because they pay month on month and a month or two behind it seems).

Sorry I didnt get this up earlier because (confession time) I lost it. :eek: I put it somewhere "safe" so I wouldnt lose it and then couldnt find it.
    I was freaking because I would obviously replace it from my pocket but its not like I have 600 notes sitting around doing nothing or it would have been spent on a lens already :)
    I turned my two room apartment upside and inside out for 2 days.

I'd stuck it to my bedroom door with a thumb tack. Right in full view. I must have passed it a dozen times looking for it. I'm not real bright.
    On the plus side my flat got a good going over and I can treat myself to that lens now soon!

:rolleyes:

Well done all.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

What's so special about that cheque? Is it to do with your charity thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

boards revenue?

Alimony cheque from Amp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think it represents the fruits of some labour around the end of last year - thonda, whyulittle, take a bow.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, thought it was obvious :p

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Don't mention me, I have bought only two books.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The books didnt grow on trees!

Ok. They did. But you know what I mean. :p

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

sort your dof out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

DeVore wrote: »

Sorry I didn't get this up earlier because (confession time)
    The money was just resting in my account

Well done all.

DeV.

Sure it was DeV ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Why do people add their name at the end of every post they make? Surely the name in the box to the left explains who the person is with the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,573 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So it does...... :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Well done, that's a nice contribution.

How many books have been sold to date?

Why do people add their name at the end of every post they make? Surely the name in the box to the left explains who the person is with the name!
    You know, I've often thought of that. I could put "DeV." in my sig too and that would work. I dunno, I just always got used to signing it at the end of my posts and its sort of a habit now :)

I've caught myself signing business emails with "DeV." :)

AR... the DOF was deliberate. My name and address are on the left of that cheque and the hell I'm having some nutcase I ban from some forum come round with his mates :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

sort your dof out.
    DeVore wrote: »
    AR... the DOF was deliberate. My name and address are on the left of that cheque and the hell I'm having some nutcase I ban from some forum come round with his mates :)
    DeV.

Your cunning plan hasn't worked out Janer, back to the drawing board with you me lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I used to do at the end of any post that i considered to be official, that is to say from my position as a Moderator at the time.

Besides, it used to piss people off, which is always worthwhile.:D

Awesome stuff Dev, and well done everyone.

Dragan
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

That's all profit yeah? Well done everyone. Imagine every forum on boards raised that much!

The total profit was more than €1000! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

A total of 208 books have been sold to date, making a profit of €1,080 for SSF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nice dof. Although I find i'm drawn to the light in the top left... and I'm not sure green is a suitable background for it.. Keep trying though.. ;)

Seriously - Awesome :)

Oh, and I suppose since we're in the form..

Challengemaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I heartily endorse this product and or service and wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

Kind Regards,

Gambler!

P.S. Congrats to all involved, fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Yay us!! :D

Man I cant wait for the next one.

btw, although I have said this before and also at the launch but I say it again, I would like to help with the next one. I would have liked to help with this one but arrived late to the party.
    So when ppl think of getting things started again give me a shout

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We may be able to sell a few more books when the Exhibition is on.

Good idea. I would like to volunteer for a duty in the gallery, so I bring my copy with me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could get an arm load of Holgas for the kids with that!

In the next few days I might be able to show you... :)
    Working on it this weekend.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

:p I liked the bokeh myself in that pic......:eek:

/...just glad to have been involved with the whole project. ;)

Advertisement