Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing plasterboard in sitting room

Options
  • 12-02-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hi. Im getting my house rewired next week, and meeting the elect Sat to mark out the points. I replaced the flat roof on the kitchen, no plasterboard there at all, the hall plasterboard is holey, and the dining room plasterboard is burned from the light fitting so has to be replaced. Question is, I told the elect that all the plasterboard downstairs was being replaced so can come down. Is the plasterboard in the sitting room work hanging on to? I presume plasterboard is relatively cheap, and the cost is in the plasterer and plaster stuff(?). There is a light piece in the sitting room at the moment that will be replaced with 6 recessed spots anyway, so I had thought it would save the elect from taking up floorboards upstairs.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement