Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Ski Nozzle

Options
  • 12-02-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

First post in this forum; hope I’m in the right place and that you can help me.

As part of my curriculum in engineering, we as a group have to do an FEA (finite element analysis) project on a converging nozzle through which a fluid is subjected.

At the moment I’m looking to find some information and specifications of a converging nozzle of some type. I thought that the aquatic and boating scene may be a good place to look.

What I have in mind is the nozzle that produces thrust on a Jet ski; would anyone have any information of any kind on any specific nozzle? Or even an old broken one that they can part with?

What i’m looking for are: (anything extra would also be greatly appreciated)
    • Cross-sectional area (i.e. area normal to flow direction)
    • Operating Pressure
    • Flowrate (i.e. discharge)
    • Material type and properties
    • Mass density of fluid

Advertisement