Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble installing drivers on my laptop ?????

Options
  • 12-02-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

So here's the problem i'm having.
    After installing the OS on my new hard drive, as i broke the old one (don't ask :()
    some of the drivers aren't installed and no disc for them came with my laptop.
    My computer is a Dell Inspirion / 6400.

I have gone to the dell website and looked at the driver downloads but can't figure out which one's i need.
    In device manager there is a few with a ? and ! mark beside them, they are ;

Base System Device
    Base System Device
    Base System Device
    SM Bus Controller
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Has anyone else had this problem or know how i can fix it.
    Can anyone tell me which driver software i need?
    Please Help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

it will tell u what the devices are

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Do you have your network drivers installed?

If so goto the support page of the website and let it scan for your tag numer.

It will give you the exact drivers you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Can you take a screenshot and post it

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Do you have your network drivers installed?

If so goto the support page of the website and let it scan for your tag numer.

It will give you the exact drivers you need.

Never seen the service tag was just putting in the make and getting a load of different types.

Thanks everyone for the replies, i'll try this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

Hi, I've a driver issue of my own, thought I'd post it here instead of starting new thread.

In the last couple of hours my touchpad sidebar slider has stopped working. Some quick research says it could be a drivers issue.

I've gone to: Device Manager>Mice & other pointing devices, but cant see anything about my touchpad or slider.

Should I update the pointer driver?

Any help much appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

I'd say just re-install the drive
    Go to the manufacturer web site and download the driver and install, you should get an option to install over the existing one...

I had the same trouble and doing this worked for me.
    Good Luck

Advertisement