Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 42pfl 7662d noise problem

• 12-02-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

Hope im posting this in the right place if not please move it to the correct forum.

I was given my philips 42pfl7662d for christmas 2007 just over a year ago. Since ive had the tv it has been back with philips twice because of buzzing noise coming from the back of the tv (not the speakers).

Philips keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with the tv.

But the last time that they had it they replaced the lcd screen to try stop the noise.This still has not fixed the problem.

I cant bring it back to the shop where it was purchased because they are saying there is nothing wrong with the tv,and wont even answer or return my calls:mad:

Has anybody else had this problem as it is driving me insane and i dont know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Most flat panel TVs have some level of noise from them, mostly you can't hear it unless you turn the volume right down and listen for it in an otherwise silent room. Your problem appears to be different to this, I'd say, unless you're particularly sensitive to background noise.

Without hearing it it's difficult to say, so i could only suggest that you persevere with the retailer/Philips. If the problem is pronounced I'd expect them to deal with it.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Thanks tha ritz ive orderded sky hd il wait until i get it installed and see if it makes a difference.
    If there is still no change il have to get back on to philips and see wats going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Ah well sky Hd made no difference so i guess its back on to philips and see what happens next.

Advertisement