Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Problems

• 12-02-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭

I'm new to this healthy eating thing and to be honest I'm slightly overwhelmed with all the advice being thrown around and some even contradictory. The main problem I'm having is with lunch, as I'm in school I'm somewhat limited in choice. I go to Mace for lunch and usually get a roll filled with crap but obviously I want to cut that out.

My main purpose for eating healthy eating is weight loss, I'm planning a workout schedule to complement the nutritional side of things, so I was wondering if I could get any advice.

I'm limited to whatever is available in Mace or anything I can bring as a packed lunch. I know carbs and protein are important so I was thinking wholemeal bread with chicken and some fruit on top of that?

It seems very lacking when compared to what others have posted but I really am not sure where to start so any help is greatly appreciated :).

Thanks in advance,
    S.

P.S. If it'll help my stats are 17 year old male, 180lb(82KG), working out 3 times a week (HIIT and weights).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If weight loss is your goal, then cut way back on bread and eat more green stuff instead. Even wholemeal has very little nutrition for the amount of calories it packs. Instead, I'd buy a pepper or bag of washed salad, get something like tuna from the deli bar and eat it with the salad/pepper. If the tuna in your local is swimming in mayo, then just buy one of the John West pouches of dressed tuna, or even a small tin with a ringpull and mix in your own choice of additions. A little olive oil and vinegar is good, or lemon juice, or even plain yogurt. A plain yogurt is a good finisher.

If you are eating bread, eat it before your workout and use the energy to fuel your squats.

It would be cheaper to bring everything from home. Tinned tuna or salmon or sardines, mixed with some spices and yogurt/olive oil/lemon juice etc, plus salad of your choice. Celery is great as it doesn't go soggy. Bring sticks and use them as spoons to eat your fish. Or chop and eat it with a fork.

Advertisement