Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post in this thread again and your banned

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

julep wrote: »

There was also a lot of implied hatred towards tradesmen and the percieved belief that they over-charge.
    I am biased being that I am a tradesman myself, but I can tell you that most of us charged reasonable rates in accordance with earnings at the time.
    I, and most of the tradesmen I know, would price a job and take into account the earnings of the people we were doing the job for before giving them a quote.

If you want a good price, then shop around and stop blaming tradesmen for over-charging if you are willing to pay ridiculous prices.

You obviously didn't read my reply i never claimed they were dishonest. I specically followed up with that to make sure that's not what came across

There's a thread in AH dedicated to biggest wan*ers in X profession and now tradesman are getting upset when someone points out they were making extremely good money?

I shopped around for months and after time after time not turning up or what i considered to be crazy prices I gave up.

Now, they're crying to come out and quote and ones that do are up to 60% less than they were previously.

the demand was high the price was high, but I was trying to demonstrate the astronimical amount of money they were earning and if they were wise with it they would have very little problems right now.

I'm no way claiming they were cowboys or trying to rip me off

• Registered Users Posts: 83,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just because theyre doing it for 60% less now doesnt mean that its what they should have been charging all along - its a reflection of how sharply demand has dropped off for trades.
    the demand was high the price was high,

Erm, no. The Other Way Around. Economist much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

ntlbell wrote: »
    I'm not trolling my opinion doesn't sit well with some that's not trolling.

There's a difference between opinion and off-topic trolling bull****. You were practicing the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You obviously didn't read my reply i never claimed they were dishonest. I specically followed up with that to make sure that's not what came across

There's a thread in AH dedicated to biggest wan*ers in X profession and now tradesman are getting upset when someone points out they were making extremely good money?

I shopped around for months and after time after time not turning up or what i considered to be crazy prices I gave up.

Now, they're crying to come out and quote and ones that do are up to 60% less than they were previously.

the demand was high the price was high, but I was trying to demonstrate the astronimical amount of money they were earning and if they were wise with it they would have very little problems right now.

I'm no way claiming they were cowboys or trying to rip me off

You are going to get flack on a general thread on politics if you post something like that. There are a couple of threads over there at the minute were personal responsibility is being pointed out and still nobody wants to take it on.

Anyway, I think there are plenty of threads on the site to voice that opinion, you picked an emotional one. Bad choice.

Time for you to take a little personal responsibility, ironically NTLBell!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

NTLBell, stop trolling and let the rest of us enjoy threads will ya?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

NTL, you can post there again.

That sort of post looks pretty tacky and classless. My folks didnt have much either but my mother taught me that if you havent anything good to say, say nothing.

You feel free to post but within the rules, which you are stretching.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Overheal wrote: »
    I am a bit, and unless I can't read (it is 0119) I think he's right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Oh right i thought he said the demand was high because the price was. speed reading fail

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This post has been deleted.

And you don't have to pay it, hence personal responsibility!

Anyway, best Economic thread in months!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

No, you?

No, you?
    I made a retraction already. sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I made a retraction already. sheesh.
    If you're going to make snide smart arsed comments then you should really make sure you've got all the information right.

You made a rookie error and it's only right you should be made squirm by apologising to ntlbell. It's character building. Your retraction was weak and Pighead didn't sense much squirming.

Im not one of your Prison Bitches :rolleyes:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thread locked. :rolleyes:

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement