Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog sh1t ln bags.

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi people, I am trying to get my head around the logic of some people
    cleaning up their dog muck. I'm all for it, as an avid dog walker myself i
    walk my dog evey day, but walking round my local park i've started to notice
    more and more small plastic parcels just left around the park.

Now, whilst I hate to see dog muck i would actually rather people just leave it there rather than putting it into
    a bag and dumping the bag. The rationale of these individuals is somewhat skewed. Dog sh1t is bio-degradable, plastic is not and actually has a much more harmful effect on the environment. So why bother bagging it if your just going to dump the bag!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Yeah I've noticed that too, kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it!? I think its a reflection too of the very obvious lack of rubbish bins in public areas / parks too... I have no problem picking up after my own dogs, but I'm loath to walk for the next two miles carrying it until I find a bin to put it in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Toxocariasis is just one of the hundreds of reasons why dog poo should be picked up.
    Why not look at it from the angle that there aren't enough facilities to dispose of the faeces. I say this as I doubt that if dog owners are responsible enough to bag the faeces, that they are flippant enough to just throw the bagged stuff about the place. Taking it up with your local TD or county councillor would be a good start.

(PS swearing isn't tolerated by mods on this forum so you should change the title. This is not back seat modding, its a heads up to another user. I don't really care about swearing.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

A lot of times if people are doing a circuit walk, they will leave the bag and then collect it on the way back, rather than carry it all the way round.

Advertisement