Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ski season in Queenstown

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Couple of questions for those that worked a ski season or lived there recently. Gonna head down there for a week to get our ski on and was wondering:

1. What are the best times NOT to go, i.e when the schools are off and its busy

2. When does the snow get good?I believe the season starts late June, but normally it will take a few weeks until a good dump of snow arrives. And also when is the latest time in the season to go so we don't get bad snow?

3. Have tried looking up ski pass rates for this season but can't find any. Anyone remember them from last year?We'll be there for a week so I guess we'll need a couple of thos 3 day passes

Cheers all

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure when the school holidays are but a friend did send me a link to a page with them all on before I booked my trip last year. I think you'll be fine for snow from the beggining of July, at least I hope so as that is when the ski instructor course I'm planning on doing is due to begin and it then ends sometime in September. It was end of August until the middle of September that I was there last year and was still plenty enough snow around then on the days I made it up the mountains.

Advertisement