Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A - The Big One!

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

When did this become the Beckham vs Ronaldinho vs Pirlo thread?

Milan were robbed, hand ball.

Draw would have been fair.

League is pretty much over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan were robbed, hand ball.

Same goal last week was disallowed for Milan when Seedorf scored.

Adriano's a monster, though. I'd hate him to run into me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I do not look forward to playing Inter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

With Jose i can see Inter being a lot tougher than they were against the Pool last time.They will give united a game but i would plump for United to scrape through.
    Will be an interesting midfield tussle mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

raven136 wrote: »
    With Jose i can see Inter being a lot tougher than they were against the Pool last time.They will give united a game but i would plump for United to scrape through.
    Will be an interesting midfield tussle mind.

All I can say is that our defence wont give Inter the space that AC done tonight. I think we will win this and dont have much doubt especially with the second leg in old trafford. I would have been more worried playing Bayern than Inter and Jose's champions league record with Inter is crap. Adriano was muck tonight btw. How many chances did that guy have and how many missed the target ? The one he scored was even a handball !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

That was a super game of footie last night. What annoyed me a lot about looking at it on the beeb is that you could see how much knowledge the beeb have lost when it comes to production and showcasing football.

Never did they show any bits from the fans, the banners, the half time plays etc... all this you used to see on Bravo, Channel 4 and Eurosport. BBC is such a boring station to watch football that it was a huge plus to have a game of that quality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It’s nice to see that a bit of exposure can get a nine page thread on Italian football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

kearnsr wrote: »
    It’s nice to see that a bit of exposure can get a nine page thread on Italian football.

Wouldnt get used to it tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eZe^ wrote: »
    Wouldnt get used to it tbh.

Take out the free kick crap and there probably be only a couple of weeks.

But who knows the bbc might try and take it on full time if it went well for them last night

It is nice to see. But, sadly, it says a great deal about the football fans on these boards that they are only interested if the English media are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I just find the Italian times clash with English, while the Spanish times suit better watching both. I think its what Sky probably found too.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    It is nice to see. But, sadly, it says a great deal about the football fans on these boards that they are only interested if the English media are

Unfortunately due to media choices in this country and our own lackluster broadcaster we don't have much choice but to accept what the English media throw at us. I've a full sky package withe more stations than I could count, how many show Italian football? None.

A lot of the posters on this board watch their football on streams. I am unaware of a clash between the Italian Sunday evening game and any games from England.

People can watch what they want, I just find it odd this thread has been so popular when there are similar big games every week that go ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

People can watch what they want, I just find it odd this thread has been so popular when there are similar big games every week that go ignored.

Why? Kinda obvious, the match was broadcasted on BBC, so it was available to anyone with sky, and considering Inter vs Milan would be the biggest match in Italy over the past 4 years, of course you're going to get more interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

iregk wrote: »
    That was a super game of footie last night. What annoyed me a lot about looking at it on the beeb is that you could see how much knowledge the beeb have lost when it comes to production and showcasing football
    Not sure whether it was entirely a BBC production, though. The audio was out of whack with the video but they couldn't fix it so I'd imagine it was a feed. Some of the angles the director chose were mental too - shocking stuff.

But yeah, the analysis and build-up was brutal - they really didn't seem to know a lot about the teams or Serie A. Loved the fact that Roy Hodgson, who they obviously brought on to try and lend a bit of credibility to the thing, started off by saying that he doesn't really follow Italian football anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Moved the debate over free kick takers to:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055489442

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Some of the angles the director chose were mental too - shocking stuff.

I think the roof cam in the San Siro is class, the way they go real low behind players when taking free kicks and such like gives you a totally different in game experience when viewing. Some of the other angles though for corners in particular were just baffling.
    yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Loved the fact that Roy Hodgson, who they obviously brought on to try and lend a bit of credibility to the thing, started off by saying that he doesn't really follow Italian football anymore.

My favorite was Alan Hansen saying pre game the two at the back, "your man Samuel and Chivu are not very good at all". Half time: "great defending by Inter particularly by Chivu".

They hadn't a clue about Italian football and it was cringe worthy watching them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i think on a football weekly a while back Richardson said the cost was too high for Setanta and Sky.They are already locked into deals for spanish,german,dutch and french coverage so the deal didnt suit any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

A lot of the posters on this board watch their football on streams. I am unaware of a clash between the Italian Sunday evening game and any games from England.

The sunday evening clash in Serie A is always a 7:30pm start and there is usually a couple of games on before it.

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Why? Kinda obvious, the match was broadcasted on BBC, so it was available to anyone with sky, and considering Inter vs Milan would be the biggest match in Italy over the past 4 years, of course you're going to get more interest.

Over the last 5 years the biggest match has been Inter-Juve.

redout wrote: »
    The sunday evening clash in Serie A is always a 7:30pm start and there is usually a couple of games on before it.

The 7:30 kick off is usally the big game of the weekend. I think its Inter Roma next weekend. I wonder will that be on the telly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

iregk wrote: »
    I think the roof cam in the San Siro is class, the way they go real low behind players when taking free kicks and such like gives you a totally different in game experience when viewing. Some of the other angles though for corners in particular were just baffling.
    Don't get me wrong - I'm all for mixing it up when it works (though I think some of the choices for free kicks were a bit odd too). But as you say, some of them were just baffling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

The 7:30 kick off is usally the big game of the weekend. I think its Inter Roma next weekend. I wonder will that be on the telly?

Inter v Roma is in 2 weeks, Inter are playing Bologna next week.

As for the camera angles, I've watched about 6 or 7 Inter games from the San Siro this season and last night was the first time I've seen the new camera being used. It worked well at times but some angles were just bizarre.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That was a question that didnt need an answer

Rhetorical like

• Advertisement
Advertisement