Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS THIRD YEAR

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey

Has anyone here done this course before?? I am in the process of trying to come up with a research question and hypotheses but i am not finding much luck. I want an interesting topic that i will enjoy researching. If anyone has any ideas from previous experience i would love to hear them...:):):)

This course is so hard:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It's not hard, it's just different. But then again, that's probably subjective. My quantitative research topic last year, was the environment. I don't think it'd be fair for me to elaborate further. What are you interested in? If it's family, for example, you'd have a lot to work from with variables and family theories etc.

I'd advise you to master the univariate and bivariate statistical procedures. You'd also need to know how to interpret the results. That's important as the theoretical framework is irrelevant, if you don't know how to interpret and discuss the results relating to your research questions and framework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 janabelle

hey

yeah suppose the family would be one of the topics i might consider, i know the division of household in the house is a popular one though. I would be interested in researching the criminal aspect of things but not sure if that is measurable. There are alot of boring topics like national identity, religion etc that would bore me to death:(

thanks for replying;)

Advertisement