Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SR 6 1991 or EPA 2000

Options
  • 12-02-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭

What code for sewage treatment does your LA impose ?

I would like to build a an overview first and say why later , if you all would be kind enough to indulge me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

South Tipp Co Council require EPA 2000 done by suitably qualified assessor (FETEC site suitablity qualified course) from their panel of assessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Waterford CoCo say they will accept either, but I'v seen where particular planners want the EPA test done, so through FI in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Roscommon & Leitrim are both EPA. Sligo, I think is SR6. Galway & Mayo are EPA for everything we have dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Mayo is SR6 1991, with a ground water protection report done by an EPA qualified assessor. Sligo is EPA.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Laois still use SR 6 1991, and they carry out the perc tests themselves.

Kilkenny use EPA 2000 and accept perc tests from fetac approved.

Offaly co co use a bastardised amalgamation of the two... they do the perc tests and record T and P tests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Meath Co Co insist in EPA 2000 with detailed site investigations report , drawings including site sections by Fetac approved assesor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

All the Dublin based LA's are EPA 2000, Louth & Meath are too, havent dealt with any other LA's with respect to waste water treatment systems. TBH i'd be quite suprised if anybody uses SR6 these days.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Kildare use EPA from panel/ Fetac Course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

thanks guys :) knew i could count on you

please keep this thread simple as above , I am gratefull for that

I have started this thread to broaden out the issue with comments most welcome there ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59024872&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Cork still accepts SR6 but I think FETAC trained assessors using EPA will be mandatory in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

topcatcbr wrote: »
    Kildare use EPA from panel/ Fetac Course
    Ditto in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Ditto in Donegal.
    Aye and then promptly ignore the recommendations and refuse. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Got a letter from Kerry County Council this morning saying they are only accepting Kerry Co Co specific EPA report from their approved panel of assesors from 1 March.

Advertisement